The Strawberry Shortcake Chronicles is a series of Trollhunters fanfics by Agent Evey.
- How to Make Strawberry Shortcake
- In which Barbara comes over for dinner. And dessert.
- Cold Skin
- The changeling and the doctor spend a passionate evening beneath the clouds.
- Doctor, Doctor
- In which Dr. Lake gets a visit from a surprise guest, and briefly becomes the center of hospital gossip.
- Creature Comforts
- "If we shadows have offended,/ Think but this and all is mended,/ That you have but slumbered here/ While these visions did appear." -Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Violet, Darling
- Chapter 2 of "Creature Comforts." Separated for rating.
- Did he really have a choice?
- Bridge of Diamonds
- Strickler gets a visit from his hired hand, and sees a different side of the assassin.
- Two months have passed since Jim's disappearance into the Darklands. Having lost her memory of troll-kind, Dr. Barbara Lake is left with the assumption that her son has been kidnapped, or worse. With a police investigation yielding little evidence, the doctor decides to take matters into her own hands.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Bizarre Alien Biology: While changelings have many biological similarities to humans, their is a noticeably difference. Changelings are sterile by nature, their semen a noticeable violet color. Strickler explains to Barbara as a harmless genetic condition brought on by a manganese based reaction.
- Broken Angel: It turns out that Strickler once had wings. Because Gunmar foresaw Strickler potentially betraying him, he had them ripped off.
- Everyone Can See It: Vendel could tell that Stricklers feelings for Barbara are genuine by smelling the pheromones he emits.
- Evil Is Sterile: It is mentioned that changelings - by design as hybrid creatures not unlike mules - are sterile. Because of this, Strickler comes to see his students like his own children.
- Involuntary Shapeshifter: In Cold Skin, Strickler accidentally shifted into his true form while he was having sex with Barbara.
- Reality Ensues: Strickler visits Angor Rot in the sewers, naturally the smell would cling to him afterward.
- Romance Arc: The Strawberry Shortcake Chronicles is all about exploring the relationship between Strickler and Barbara.
- Unusual Euphemism:
A shadow caught her eyes, and she hesitated. "It's been a while," she frowned up at him. "You know..since I've made strawberry shortcake."
"That's alright," he smiled, leaning forward to her ear. "You're not alone. I'll be gentle," he whispered. He placed a kiss upon her cheek, then another, and another, and another before the door clicked behind them.
- You Did Everything You Could: In Cold Skin, Barbara tells Strickler that she lost a patient; an abuse victim whos husband stabbed her vital organs with a broken spoon. While she acknowledges that as a doctor this will happen, she cant help but empathize with the patients twelve-year-old daughter and picturing her son in the same situation.