Set over 100 years after Ash's adventures, 13-year old Silver Ketchum is the great-granddaughter of the world-famous Pokémon master Ash Ketchum. Like her ancestor, Silver wants to go out and become a trainer. However much has changed in the past century. The previous 150 Pokémon have all-but gone extinct. Pokémon that were rare during Ash's time are now abundant due to cloning. Thus, the adventures of Silver and her trusty Mew begin.
he Story of Silver KetchumT is an unfinished Pokémon fanfic dating to 1999. It's so old that it predates Gold and Silver, leading to such oddball elements such as new Pokémon, original Pokémon moves, and Pokémon de-evolving.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Adaptation Name Change: Silver finds an abandoned Pikablu and takes it in. "Pikablu" was a nickname for Marill prior to its official name being revealed. A few chapters in, it's noted that the official name is "Marill".
- Dead Fic: Chapter 11 ends on a cliffhanger. Despite the "TO BE CONTINUED!", there's no 12th chapter.
- Famous Ancestor: Silver is the great-granddaughter of the legendary Pokémon Master Ash Ketchum.
- Identical Grandson:
- Silver looks a lot like her great-grandfather Ash.
- Stoney is the spitting image of Brock and has his same personality as well.
- Original Character: There are various fan-Pokémon: Ebonex (an evolved form of Onix), Clemyth (a pre-evolution of Clefairy), Mariru/Raiblu (Marill's evolution)
- The Rival: Silver's rival is a kid named Jacen.
- Spin-Offspring: The story is about Ash's great-granddaughter Silver.
- Symbol Swearing: Saunders curses like this:"Very well, then. Don't say I didn't warn you." The stranger pulled a Pokéball out. "Go oh, & *$#!"
- Vocal Dissonance: Daenae Malcom received a lot of teasing growing up for her deep voice.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Skye has blue hair.