"The Core Timeline is an amalgamation of chaos. The so-called real world has been overlapped with the realms of movies, comic books, anime, and more. And on Halloween, Michiru Kururugi, the Shikigami Ranger, must fight alongside his loved ones to save this world from utter annihilation!"
The Shikigami Ranger and the Monster Mashers features the titular team, Alternates of multiple girls from various shows and their friends, led by an Alternate of Michiru Kururugi and boasting the firepower of the Power Rangers, taking down an attempt to devastate New York (and then the world) by a supernatural invasion.
Currently under construction. Please add tropes as you see them!
This Coreline story contains examples of the following:
- Battle Harem: The titular team.
- Big Applesauce: The titular team must assist when a massive supernatural attack assails New York City.
- Cool vs. Awesome: Power Ranger Zords fighting Kaiju-sized menaces, such as the Tigerzord vs. the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man
- The fourth chapter things escalate like crazy, with the Dragonzord vs. Leatherback, and a combination of the Silverhawks, Mighty Orbots, Android 16 and the original Lion Voltron taking on Stampede while Metroplex is kicking demon ass on the background in Detroit, the (at the time newly-formed) Extraordinary Avengers taking on the Nameless One in Equestria and the Mashers all against Trigon (and curb-stomping some Hollows that try to barge in), Doctor Strange leading the charge to fight off the monster that is the "big daddy" of Aku, Gipsy Avenger and Striker Eureka taking on a monster, the Netflix version of The Defenders getting some Powered Armor from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... by the end of the chapter, the whole situation looks as utterly insane as the final battle in Ready Player One.
- Continuity Nod: One of Marshal Raleigh Beckett's reminders to the men he commands is that, when it comes to any monsters they fight, always remember to "check their pulse".
- Earth Is a Battlefield: After showcasing the battles happening on various other parts of the world, Commander Misato Saotome just stops trying to keep count and simply says that there is no way to provide support for the Mashers.
- Enemy Mine: Played straight with various villains (ex. the Joker R gang and the Chicago police (or at least a strike team led by The Savage Dragon and with the Biker Mice from Mars that they encounter)) banding together with heroes to destroy all monsters, but subverted with the Vanguard teaming up with the New York Champions (because while they are ok with keeping the world safe so they can keep commiting crimes afterwards, they are exploting the fact that the chaos is distracting everybody to commit atrocities in secret).
- From Bad to Worse: More and more stuff keeps trying to break through, up to and including Trigon, The Nameless One, Stampede, Cthulhu....
- Halloween Episode
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: The events of the story happen during Halloween night. Aside from the events that the Monster Mashers are dealing with, it is outright stated (and then shown) that many other ghost assaults and horror film Fiction incursions are happening throughout the country, meaning everybody capable of fighting them off is on red alert.
- Humongous Mecha: Multiple appear, from Power Rangers Zords to the '84 Voltron to the Mighty Orbots to Metroplex to Gaogaigar and Goldymarg to Escaflowne to the Iron Giant to Leopardon to a few Jaegers.
- New York Is Only Manhattan: Averted. The titular team is dealing with a situation in Manhattan, but the montage on chapter four showcases that the Avengers and other heroes are trying to stop a rampage by Cthulhu itself through Queens at the same time and it's implied the other boroughs are not doing too well either.
- That's No Moon!: The Detroit fight on chapter four has a section of the city moving all of a sudden... and then it turns out that's no regular section of the city...