The Scream of Jeepers Creepers is a horror/suspense fanfic crossing over two Slasher Movies, Jeepers Creepers and the 1981 Scream (1981). It was first published in the December of 2011 on Fanfiction.net by the author The Lobster's Claw, and is his first crossover fic.
The basic storyline is that The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers is on the hunt after 23 years, when he comes into an abandoned town by the Rio Grande river. However, he is quickly ambushed by a mysterious figure, and realizes he must strike a deal with the figure to survive.
The story currently has 2 chapters and appeared to be a Stillborn Serial for a while before being updated months later in 2012.
The Lobster's Claw has officially announced that the story has been discontinued.
The Scream of Jeepers Creepers contains examples of:
- Closed Circle: The abandoned town appears to be this, although unlike other closed circles, there don't appear to be any barricades blocking your way of escape.
- Dead Fic: The author has announced the story has been officially discontinued, cancelling the story on a Cliff Hanger and unresolved plot.
- Deal with the Devil: The Creeper and the figure agree to this kind of deal near the end of chapter 2, though it's somewhat subverted because The Creeper did it just to stay alive.
- Ghost Town
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: The figure, although he is briefly seen in chapter 1. However, we learn it's just a ghostly shadow of his true form.
- Oh, Crap!: In chapter 2, The Creeper sees the figure is shrouded by dust, except his scythe. However, he soon realizes there is no dust...
- Quieter Than Silence: The abandoned town, at first.
- Sinister Scythe: The figure's main weapon, and as he says it, his "prized possession".
- Stillborn Serial: The story seemed to be this before the author updated several months later. Now it is a Stillborn due to being cancelled.