The Prince and His Pauper is an Audition Online fanfic by Alicia Jewel. Originally planned as a oneshot, it eventually grew into a full-fledged, 20-planned-chapter story focusing on Jack Jumpoff, a rich boy who hates being rich, and his developing relationship with Chloe, a lower-class girl whom Jack discovers through a news story.
The story isnt all about romance, though. It also focuses on friendship, Jack trying to live a different life, and an evil dictator taking over Audition Town. It also features a shameless self-insert in the form of Hanyu, the Chosen One destined to stop Stephanie, but her role in the story is fairly minimal.
There are currently six chapters written, and they are slowly being uploaded to deviantART.
The Prince and His Pauper provides examples of:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: The Jumpoff, Raver, and Trounce families all have first names that start with the same letter as their last names. This apparently doesn't extend to middle names, as shown with Jack (see Embarrassing Middle Name below). There's also Billy Backstep and Red Renegade.
- Butch Lesbian: Rachel, to an extent
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Hanyu wears Punk Lolita outfits (and a Wa Lolita outfit in the last chapter)
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Jack's middle name is Eustace
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Travis tends to be like this a lot
- Moral Dissonance: Youre a borderline alcoholic whos happy that the meth lab got blown up?
- One of the Boys: Rachel; Janine and Janice even make a point of avoiding her in Chapter 2 because of this
- Rape and Switch: Word of God says that this is NOT true with Rachel—she just says that when she gets mad
- Rich Bitch: Most of Jacks family.
- Tomboy: Rachel
- Tomboy Princess: Not exactly a princess, but Rachel counts.