The first one, entitled "The Outcasts", follows Super High School Level Good Luck Sadako Maeda as she gets invited to Hope's Peak and meets fifteen other "Super High School Level" students. However, things take a turn for the worse when Monokuma shows up and forces them into a mutual killing situation.
The second one, "The Remnants", follows Super High School Level Bad Luck Daisuke Iwasaki as he himself receives in invitation to Hope's Peak, but instead finds himself stranded at a resort with a cast of fifteen more Super High School Level Students... and Monokuma.
Unfortunately the author has stated the series are in indefinite hiatus and has posted in his blog what he had planned for the rest of the story.
This Danganronpa fanwork contains examples of:
- Anyone Can Die: No one is safe. Not even the protagonist.
- Artificial Intelligence: The initial Kenichi we see in Outcasts is actually an AI created by the mastermind.
- Big Bad: As in canon, Monokuma.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: A trait carried over from canon.
- Decoy Protagonist: Daisuke is the narrator of the prologue and most of the first chapter of Remnants. He's also the first murderer
- Meganekko: Megumi
- Tap on the Head: Subverted, Sadako from Outcasts is assaulted by a metal water bottle and this results, but she missed a trial and was incapacitated as a result.
- Subverted again in Remnants, as Minami is killed in this way.
- Title Drop: Courtesy of the Mastermind during the final trial.Kenichi: Yep, that's correct. You're the outcasts of Hope's Peak Academy.
- The Outcasts gets another title drop in The Remnants: the place in which the characters are trapped is called Outcast Resort.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Quite a few of the casts from both fics have out there hair colours. Risa from Remnants even has bright purple hair.