The Official List of Unofficial Rules is a Star Trek: The Original Series fanfic by Saphura found on Fanfiction.net. It is a list fic about all the rules against the bizarre behavior which takes place on the Starship Enterprise, whether it's about the characters we know and love, minor characters from the show, or new ones we don't know yet.
Also, did we mention that it is hilarious?
The Official List of Unofficial Tropes
- Alien Catnip: Vulcans and chocolate...don't mix well.Don't give Mr Spock chocolate. Just don't.
- Butt-Monkey: Chekov appears to be this among the main characters from the show.
- There are also several rules dealing with Riley's behavior, many of them stemming from one incident in particular...
- The Commandments: The point of this fic. A humorous example.
- Christmas Episode: A few chapters are Christmas rule-focused, including chapter 8.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: Downplayed. Someone apparently sent Khan a Christmas card. And that's hardly the weirdest thing that's happened.
- Guest Strip: Other fanfiction authors have submitted rules.
- Noodle Incident: Most of these rules are this to a degree. The Official reasons for unofficial rules by the same author provides background info for some.
- Original Character: Sorren, O'Shea, Billings, and West. A few are mentioned by way of the rules themselves.
- Running Gag: See Rule 77a.
- "We have video." Further expanded in that "When we say we have video, that means don't do it again!"
- Shout Out: Hoooo, boy...where do we begin?
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Mr. Scott does not sell liquor from the still that is not located on Deck Ten for fifteen credits a bottle.