On the routine scare for Halloween, the Creature Under the Stairs accidentally comes across Harry Potter and leaves the door back to Halloween Town open. Harry follows the Halloween monster back, changing his life forever.
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Afterlife Antechamber: While Halloween Town is implied to double as both a holiday realm and an afterlife, it is established that there are many afterlives, including the Land of the Dead from Corpse Bride.
- All Myths Are True: Since Santa Claus seems to run on Clap Your Hands If You Believe, various multicultural depictions of him seem to be accurate. For example, he usually has reindeer pull his sleigh (and not always the one from the song), he has Dominik the Donkey pull his sleigh in Italy.
- The Cameo: Apparently Jack Skellington is close friends with The Grim Reaper from The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy and Elder Gutkneckht from Corpse Bride.
- Didn't Think This Through: While most of the toys created in Halloween Town were made to be scary but harmless, they admit that they did get carried away with the giant snake and killer wreath.
- Down the Rabbit Hole: The story starts when the Creature Under the Stairs manifests in his cupboard to scare him Halloween night. He accidentally leaves there portal between there and Halloween Town and this leads to Harry to discovering Halloween Town.
- Killer Teddy Bear: Downplayed. Mr. Bitey was one of the toys that Jack gave to children the night when he took over Christmas. He is a Living Toy characterized by his red eyes fangs, claws and patchwork body. Like most of the toys created at the time, Mr. Bitey was made to be scary but otherwise harmless, though he does give a menacing look to Padfoot, ready to keep Harry safe.
- Major Injury Underreaction: While Harry rides on Rudolph's back, the reindeer accidentally runs into Jack and knocks his head off. When Harry manages to find Jack's skull, he mentions that it didn't hurt him and is disappointed that it left no marks, remarking that cracks would have made him look "more dashing."
- Named by the Adaptation: Mrs. Claus is named "Jessica."
- The Omniscient: Santa Claus being Santa Claus, Santa knows about Harry Potter and his bratty cousin due to their presence on his Naughty and Nice lists. This seems to be a downplayed example with a case of Clap Your Hands If You Believe, as he only knows about Harry as "The-Boy-Who-Lived" because there are some wizarding families who believe in him, and even then he has to ask Jack why he is now with Harry, nor did he know that Vernon and Petunia were giving all of the gifts he had left Harry to Dudley.
- Poltergeist: After he learns about what Vernon and Petunia were doing to Harry, James enacts vengeance by haunting them.
- Reality Ensues: While living with a new family that actually care for him helps, he had only been with Jack, Sally, Sirius and his parents for a month while he had to live with the Dursley's abuse for most of his life, leaving the four-year-old massive reserves of self-doubt and a continuing belief that he is a freak undeserving of goodwill. Even when Santa Claus himself tells Harry that he is a good boy, Harry still has a hard time believing it.
- Women Are Wiser: When they discover Harry's home-life and the fact that he is a "male-witch", Jack is quick to adopt him. Ever-sensible Sally talks him down by pointing out that he has no idea how to care for a human child.