Glinda Upland is a sociable young woman who moves into a new apartment with five other roommates, only one of which she knows already. The most interesting roommate is Elphaba Thropp, the next Eminent Thropp.
The Love Club is a modern The Wicked Years fic with a Elphaba/Glinda theme. It is written by Wagyubeefy and can be read here (or here on FanFiction.Net). The writer has also made a bunch of art based on the fic.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Adaptation Name Change: The Love Club refers to Glinda as "Galinda Arduenna". In the first book, "Arduenna" is The Clan of Glinda's mother and the closest she had to a surname, but Son of a Witch retcanonized "Upland" (from the musical) as her surname.
- Chocolate Baby: Subverted. Nessarose was raised under the belief that her biological father was Frexspar. Despite her pale skin, her father is Turtle Heart, who's Fantasy Counterpart Culture black
- Everyone Is Gay: The story is outright tagged "nobody is straight". Pretty much everyone is queer.
- Modern AU Fic: Instead of taking place in the late 1800s, the story takes place in the 2010s. It's still set in Oz, but in modern times.
- Race Lift: Downplayed. Turtle Heart goes from Ambiguously Brown to black.
- Related in the Adaptation: Turtle Heart is Nessarose's biological father.
- Transgender: Elphaba is non-binary and doesn't have any preferred pronouns.
- Unrelated in the Adaptation: Frexspar isn't Nessa's biological father.