In The Life and Death of the Super Monkey, a series of Bloons TD fanfics by Ninjakiwi forumer Special K, the now-retired Super Monkey, Hill, tells the story of his many adventures during the Bloon Wars to a young dart monkey named Chuck, who may or may not be the Chosen One.
There are 3 so far:
It contains examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: Characters include Xerxes... and Fred.
- After the End: One of the so-called "Satanic God"'s monologues in part 3 implies that the story actually takes place in the earth's distant future, and humanity was destroyed long before the events of the story- if he's telling the truth.
- Always Chaotic Evil: The Bloons are implied to be this at first.
- Batman Cold Open: Part 3 opens with one of these.
- Bittersweet Ending: The end of Part 2. Helium is defeated, but Hill's father (and girlfriend, Clare) are killed in the battle.
- Bland-Name Product: The ePhone 4K, by Banana.
- Chosen One: Subverted with Hill, and later implied with Chuck
- Evil Knockoff: Helium's final form is one of these.
- Eye Beams: Hill gains laser vision by the end of part one, and it's upgraded to plasma vision at the start of part 3.
- Five-Man Band: Hill, Butch, Lance, Fred, and Xerxes.
- Framing Device: Hill telling the story to Chuck.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Doctor Boom, Lord Helium, and Crimson are the obvious examples
- Shout-Out: It's been revealed by Special K himself that the Buccaneer in part 4 will be named "Davy."
- Orwellian Retcon: Helium's death at the end of part two led to one in the downloadable versions of parts one and two
- The Phoenix: One of these makes an appearance early in part 3. Crimson is able to steal its powers.