The Great Spirit's Sisters is a short Steven Universe and BIONICLE (G1) Crossover. It serves as an Origins Episode for the Great Diamond Authority. It take the form of a story told by an unnamed Matoran, about various species created by the Great Beings before their own, one of whom was the four Diamonds.
The Great Spirit's Sisters provides examples of the following tropes:
- And I Must Scream: The Diamonds get left on a rock with absolutely nothing but each other and are stranded there for eons. As you can tell, this hasn't been wonderful for their mental health.
- Cain and Abel and Seth: The narrator sees the Diamond's as Mata Nui's sisters, just as most Matoran myths see Makuta as his brother.
- Go Mad from the Isolation: The Diamonds go nuts after spending who's knows how long on a desert world the Great Beings banish them too.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Making Kindergartens on the already resouse-scarce Bara Magna or inside Mata Nui would be a bad idea. However, the Great Beings could have implemented the Diamonds in the Matoran Universe some other way, like having them be unique entities like Artakha.
- Just a Machine: The normally compassionate Agonce has this attitude towards the Diamonds, not seeing them as truly living, unlike the agori, matoran, and human, who all possess organic flesh, unlike the stone and hard light gems.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: The Diamonds, after they are abandoned by the Great Beings.
- Meta Origin: For both gems and humans, both created as prototypes to the Matoran.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: While "hero" perhaps isn't the best term, The Great Being's abandonment of the Diamonds, and Agonce's Just a Machine attitude towards them, accidentally leads to the creation of the Gem Empire.
- No Name Given: The Matoran narrator and the Great Being who created the Diamonds.
- Start of Darkness: The Great Beings abandonment of the Diamonds results in them going mad from the isolation and creating the rest of the gems and their empire as a Roaring Rampage of Revenge against them.
- Turned Against Their Masters: The unidentified first species the Great Beings create, and ultimately, the Diamonds.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: The unidentified species, humans, and the Diamonds all get left to die on various dead planets after their discovered to not work as the Matoran Universe's main species. Agonce subverts this with humans, however.