The Galactic Knightmare, originally published February 2013, is a fanfiction written by My5cookies based on the Kirby franchise, blending both the Kirby game and the Kirby anime universes. While the story is told as Kirby retelling the tale to Magolor and Ribbon aboard the Lor Starcutter, the majority of the fic takes place following Meta Knight. After an attack on Dreamland, Kirby is kidnapped by Marx and brought to Nightmare, who has resurrected himself once again, and Meta Knight must find a way to save him. Bringing together all of the allies he's known, from his own loyal knaves Blade Knight and Sword Knight, to the enthusiastic Bandana Dee and mysterious Magolor, he sets out to save Kirby from Nightmare's clutches. But Nightmare's plan seems to only be the tip of the iceberg, and Dreamland's peace may be threatened by more than just the dark wizard's scheme.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Berserk Button:
- Marx's is being made fun of in any way about his lack of arms.
- Meta Knight is generally patient and level headed, but even the sight of Dark Meta Knight is enough for him to fly into a rage.
- Dark Meta Knight's is anyone implying that the Meta Knight we know is more real than he is. He nearly kills Marx for saying "Meta Knight" instead of "Light Meta Knight."
- Sir Arthur, both in the story and the anime, gets very rash at the mention of Nightmare. In the fic, he also has a hatred of betrayal and traiters, notably Yamikage.
- Yamikage himself despises being called traitorous to Nightmare, despite having betrayed the GSA himself.
- Big Bad: Nightmare. At least, as of the most recent update.
- Break the Cutie: Magolor receives one extremely suddenly in the mirror world, when he realizes the bag hanging from the tree contains the mirror world's King Dedede, having been publicly hung.
- He later receives a harsher one when he witnesses Kirby's tortured state. It only gets worse when Nightmare begin fusing Dark Meta Knight's soul with Kirby's in an incredibly painful display, and Marx giddily comments on how exciting it is. Later, Magolor is attacked by a Dark Matter drone and has to fight a being for control over his own body. And on top of all that, he's forced to witness his best friend in the world, Bandana Waddle Dee, die in his arms. Ouch.
- A God Am I: Drawcia. Justified since the power she holds over the paint dimension arguably does make her worthy of god status.
- Hell Is That Noise: Marx's laugh can be considered this, since whenever it's heard, it means he's nearby, and things are about to get very violent.
- I Shall Taunt You: Magolor invokes this on Marx by asking the armless beast for a high five. This causes Marx to charge at him, letting him dodge and sending Marx crashing into Yamikage.
- Nice Guy: Chef Kawasaki. After Fumu and Bunnote lose their parents, Kawasaki goes out of his way to send four boxes of homemade food to the mayor's house, where they're staying. Not because he had to- just because it was the right thing to do.
- And when he delivers it to them, he refuses to accept the credit, instead saying the entire town decided to pitch in.
- The Hero: Meta Knight, for the most part. Kirby was this until Marx managed to kidnap him.
- Villain Episode: Occasionally, the fic will show events happening with Nightmare and Marx, used to either give the reader insight into the story or expand on the villains' characterization.