After the Louds organize a week devoted to their talents called the "Loud Week to Shine," a series of mean-spirited pranks begin to ruin their performances, and all signs point to Luan being the culprit. Lincoln and Clyde aren't convinced, so they begin to investigate.
The Fool Who Cried Foul contains examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: LuanFan41. She dedicates her pranks to Luan even though they're both unfunny and dangerous, and then she tries to ruin her life after her prank channel is deleted.
- All Part of the Show: When Lincoln's magic show is sabotaged, he improvises and makes it appear like everything LuanFan41 does was part of the act.
- Big Sister Instinct: Luan is adamant that Lincoln shouldn't get involved with LuanFan41 because she doesn't want him to get hurt and she was equally protective of Lucy as she had figured out who was behind the sabotage by that point, though unfortunately this backfires on her.
- Bittersweet Ending: The Loud Week to Shine is a bust, but Luan's name is cleared and LuanFan41 is arrested thanks to Lincoln and Clyde's efforts.
- Clear Their Name: Lincoln and Clyde don't believe that Luan is behind the pranks ruining everyone's performances and investigate, which ultimately pays off.
- Cool Big Sis: The fic opens with Luan mentoring Lincoln in stage tricks for his upcoming magic act; she's incredibly sweet throughout and it's clear he appreciates everything she's doing.
- Deadly Prank: The pranks on LuanFan41's video channel were these, with the final straw being her phoning in a fake bomb threat to a high school. Luan reported the video and denounced her behavior on her channel, and it wasn't long before LuanFan41's channel was deleted.
- Disproportionate Retribution: LuanFan41 sets out to frame Luan and ruin her reputation and life... all because she was mad that her prank channel got deleted.
- Engineered Public Confession: LuanFan41 finds out she was the victim of this during Lincoln's magic show. She tries to pull a "Just Joking" Justification to weasel out of it, but no one buys it.
- Everyone Has Standards: Luan may go overboard with her pranks sometimes, especially on April Fool's Day, but pranks meant to put people in danger are out of bounds (most of her more potentially dangerous pranks have some kind of fail-safe) and having said pranks dedicated to her disturbs her deeply and when LuanFan41's pranking spree culminates in a fake bomb threat, Luan reports her.
- Evil Doppelgänger: Suzanne Hedger, aka LuanFan41, to the point that she dresses exactly like Luan herself.
- Friendly Tickle Torture: At the end, Luan puts a Tickle me, Im a hero sign on Lincolns back, resulting in Leni tickling him.
- Humiliation Conga: LuanFan41 is dealt one during the finale of Lincoln's magic show as she's bombarded and punished with all the pranks she used to ruin the Louds' performances during the week.
- "Just Joking" Justification: LuanFan41 tries to pull this off after her plan is exposed to Lincoln's school, but no one buys it.
- Loony Fan: LuanFan41.
- Prank Punishment: LuanFan41 gets hit with this hard after her attempt to sabotage Lincoln's magic show.
- Reality Ensues: Luan's protests of Not Me This Time fall flat after Luna's performance as SMOOCH's opening act is sabotaged in a way that resembles Luan's April Fool's Day antics. It doesn't help that she doesn't have an alibi other than "I didn't do it!" due to having been away getting ear plugs for Lisa. The only reason Lincoln doesn't fall in with the blaming was because A) Luan actually started off the story as a Cool Big Sis giving him tips on his magic act and B) he was already worried something would go wrong for someone in the family that week (since several of them had something important going on during the week) and as such, noted the suspicious people who the family ran into before the show.
- Despite Lincoln being willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, he still has to treat her as a suspect (to Luan's clear dismay though she concedes that Lincoln needs her side of the story) and Luan still isn't helping her case when she proves that she knows exactly how to pull off the chicken stunt that rattled Luna and wrecked her performance.
- Luna is in no mood to consider anyone other than Luan as a suspect in the sabotage when Lincoln and Clyde show up despite the fact that she and Chuck can vouch that Luan got to the Chortle Portal when she says she did. And even when she calms down, she reiterates that Luan's April Fool's Day antics don't do her any favors in proving her innocence. Luan trying to claim that there's a difference between said antics and the sabotage she's been accused of doesn't help either.
- The sabotage forces the concert to be rescheduled and despite SMOOCH thinking highly of Luna and her band, they end up dropped as an opening act due to schedule conflicts and the fact that Luna and her band, being minors, can't travel with SMOOCH.
- When Luan tries to extend sympathy to Luna over the lost exposure, Luna tells her to stow it because whether or not Luan actually did sabotage her, she's in no mood to listen to someone she has several reasons believe would have screwed her over just for a laugh.
- When Lindsay is caught in an attempt to sabotage Lola's routine, she's thrown out of the building and one of the judges comments that such behavior got her banned from the current pageant.
- When Lola accuses her of sabotaging her ribbon dance routine, Luan quickly finds herself unable to prove she wasn't responsible because she has no evidence and because everyone saw her bump into Lindsay, who admitted to trying to sabotage Lola.
- When Lincoln and Clyde discover an diary entry in which Lola details her plans to gaslight Luan on April Fool's Day into thinking her pranks caused Lola severe injury, they're both horrified as while both of them find Luan's April Fool's antics disturbing, they're well-aware that she'd be devastated if she hurt a family member, especially a younger one, and that Lola's plan would be Disproportionate Retribution. Lola herself appears to have realized this as well as most of her more extreme ideas have been crossed out and she seems to have discarded the plan entirely.
- Related: Lincoln knows how protective of her diary Lola is so when one of its pages turns up in Lola's dressing room, he's quickly suspicious that Lola might be the one framing Luan since she's been quick to blame the comedian both times one of the Louds has been sabotaged though he does privately admit that it doesn't quite add up given that the current situation doesn't match up with other times Lola's sabotaged herself; since he isn't sure what's going on, he intends to question Lola.
- Serial Escalation: Luan is deathly afraid of how much worse LuanFan41's pranks will get if Lincoln gets involved.
- Shout-Out: To Aladdin's defeat of Jafar:Lincoln: So, you wanna be Luan so bad? You got it!
Lincoln: And everything that goes with it!
- The Show Must Go Wrong: All of the Louds' performances during the Week to Shine end up being a total disaster.
- Luna's concert opening for SMOOCH is disrupted by a bunch of chickens, which she is deathly afraid of.
- Lola's ribbon dance routine during the Little Miss Sweetheart pageant goes awry when the ribbon behaves more like a whip and strikes her competitor Chinah across the face.
- Lucy's poetry slam is derailed after a paint bomb drenches her in pink.
- LuanFan41 attempts to do the same with Lincoln's magic show, but he improvises and makes it look like her attempts at sabotage are All Part of the Show.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Lincoln gives an amazing one to LuanFan41 when she's at his mercy.LuanFan41: Y-you ruined the entire joke! Th-this isn't funny!
Lincoln: Yeah, well... neither are you.
- The Stool Pigeon: Lindsey Sweetwater is literally turned into one thanks to a glue and feather bomb after she tells Lincoln and Clyde about her role in pranking Lola.
- A Taste of Their Own Medicine: What LuanFan41's Humiliation Conga consists of.
- You Are Grounded: Luan is grounded and forbidden from performing at the Chortle Portal after seemingly ruining Lucy's poetry slam.