Hama's life during, and after her imprisonment by the Fire Nation.
Similar to Blood Moon, this fanfic isn't complete in the sense that the author planned it, but rather it ends on a rather bittersweet note that perfectly leads into the events of the canon.
Can be read here.
- Bittersweet Ending: Hama has escaped from prison and has given birth to a healthy baby girl, but the midwife who helped her was murdered by the Fire Nation, she feels that she has failed her people and can never go back to the South Pole, and finally has started to become mentally unstable from all of the injustices that she has suffered at the hands of the Fire Nation.
- Barefoot Captives: The waterbender prisoners.
- Black and White Insanity: Hama finally snaps at the end of the last chapter after hearing Fire Nation villagers insult Yuki's memory.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Aside from minimizing the prisoners' nutrition, the guards are cruel enough to contaminate their drinking water. For no other reason than because they can, and there's nothing the prisoners can do about it.
- Dressing as the Enemy: The morning after her escape, Hama steals some clothes from a clothesline and ditches her prison gown.
- For the Evulz: The guards had nothing to gain from contaminating the prisoners' drinking water. But they did so anyway, because they're sadistic bastards.
- Hope Spot: The birth of Pamuya brings a lot of happiness and stability to Hama's life, even if the infant was conceived by Prison Rape. And then Hama lets her child be adopted by some close friends and stays by herself in the Fire Nation.
- Kick the Dog: The Fire Nation does this several times.
- After capturing all of the Southern waterbenders, they proceed to kill off all of the benders above the age of 70.
- Contaminating the water rations for the prisoners.
- Raping Hama and burning her when she resists.
- Killing refugees from the Earth Kingdom.
- Never Speak Ill of the Dead: Averted heavily in regards to how the Fire Nation soldiers treat their enemies. They laugh after executing the older waterbenders, and even civilians mock the refugees executed by the military.
- Prison Rape: Hama's backstory. Results in the birth of Pamuya.
- Tailor-Made Prison: The Waterbender Prison.