A series of One-Shots involving the half-mewman, half-monster Star and her adventures on earth with her new love Marco!
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe Fic: What if
- Toffee was Queen Moon's husband and Star's father instead of River.
- Marco became Star's betrothed after they first meet.
- Don't Look at Me!: Star's self-confidence takes a blow when a random child points at her and goes "Mom look its a monster!"
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: Immediately after Star claims him as her prince, she drags him to her room where she mounts him and well Anyway, when Star's parents find out, this means he has to marry her or be executed for "taking the Princess's virginity.
- Hates Being Alone: Justified. Star does not want to sleep alone because she is cold-blooded, being able to sleep better with Marco is with her to provide body-heat.
- Literal-Minded: When her parents told Star to go "hunting for a suitable prince", they didn't mean that she literally hunted one down, especially an Earth human who wound up there by accident.
- Lizard Folk: King Toffee Butterfly is a Septarian, his daughter being half-Septarian. This means that Star has a Prehensile Tail and is cold-blooded. No word yet on the Healing Factor though.
- Open-Minded Parent: While they are not happy that their daughter just had non-marital sex with a human boy she just met, Toffee and Moon take it way better than you'd think, even sympathizing with the predicament that Marco was forced into. They're still making him marry her though.
- Overprotective Dad: Averted. While Marco found the tall lizard man in a suit interrogating him rather intimidating, Toffee tells him to relax and that they aren't planning to hurt him.
- Sex as Rite-of-Passage: It is Butterfly tradition that queens and future queens of Mewni remain virgins until they have chosen those whom they wish to marry. Because Star lost her virginity to Marco, this means that he is now betrothed to her or must face execution.
- Uptown Girl: Due to a misunderstanding, middle-class human boy Marco ends up engaged to Princess Star. While it is stressful, it does not take long for Marco to care for Star.