A tragic accident leaves Izuku blind. However, with the loss of his eyesight he realizes that he has gained something else instead that day. He becomes known as The Hero without Fear as he continues his goal and quest to become The Greatest Hero ever and bestows a new title upon himself that he will be known as from here on. The title of... Daredevil.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Adaptational Heroism: Downplayed with Stain, he maybe targeting Villains now, but he will attack Heroes if they get in his way and try to stop him.
- Adaptation Relationship Overhaul: In the canon series, Izuku admires Bakugo and sees him as a friend despite Bakugo's abusive personality. Here, Bakugo avoiding Izuku after accidentally blinding him causes Izuku to begin resenting him, reciprocating Bakugo's anger-fueled confrontationalism with his own anger and confrontation.
- Aesop Amnesia: While Bakugo was shaken enough when Inko slapped him and called him a monster for accidentally blinding Izuku, leading to him avoiding Izuku until their first day at UA, by then he has gotten over it and goes back to his usual hostility. It gets so bad that his hatred for Izuku boils over and he gets himself expelled when he tries attacking Izuku after he loses to him at the Sport's Festival.
- Ascended Extra: Hitoshi Shinsho joins Class 1-A and is one of Izuku's friends
- Ibara Shiozaki is also a part of Class 1-A as well.
- Yuki was a minor member of The Hand who was a part of The Nail. Here, she gets a much larger role serving as The Mole for The Hand in UA.
- The Chew Toy: Every time Turk Barrett shows up, he gets beaten up or interrogated.
- Crippling Overspecialization: While Hitoshi's brainwashing Quirk is powerful, Aizawa makes it clear that its useless on robots, those who can't talk or know how to counter it by not saying anything, therefore he's going to train him during his internship in his fighting style so so he won't have to solely rely on it.
- Defeat by Modesty: Izuku reveals during a Battle Royale at The Sports Festival that thanks to his radar like sense, he's been able to see Toru this whole time, and Toru realizes since she's stripped off all her clothes to ambush him that she's fully naked before him and covers up in terror giving Izuku the chance to knock her off the stage.
- Disabled in the Adaptation: Izuku as per the nail
- Every Scar Has a Story: Aizawa reveals that he wears heavy baggy clothing to hide the full body scar that he his, that which he got when The Silver Samurai nearly killed him.
- For Want of a Nail:
- Hitoshi Shinso takes Mineta's place as a student in Class 1-A.
- Forgot the Disability: Since the main character is blind, there are sometimes jokes centered around this.All Might: That is the power that is growing inside your body now. You are now the next chosen bearer of One for All. The powers that which I had are now yours also. Take it in young one! This is who are you now! Feel the illumination of the great ball of fire down upon you and the view of the crystal water beach that which you yourself have created! Do you not see the beauty of which it possesses? Izuku! TELL ME, DO YOU SEE IT!
Izuku: I can't, I'm blind remember?
All Might: Oh... right.
- Fusion Fic: While the fanfic it predominantly a My Hero Academia story, it takes a lot of elements from the Marvel Universe.
- Izuku is the setting's equivalent of Daredevil; a regular, non-powered kid who is rendered blind in a chemical spill and becomes a Badass Normal with superhuman senses.
- In-canon, the Hero Killer Stain was a Vigilante who targeted low level criminals before he snapped completely and started hunting "false heroes", using blades and his quirk to fight. Here, he is the setting's equivalent of The Punisher, targeting both heroes and criminals with guns.
- Turk Barrett is an arms-dealer who deals in weapons for villains, having made deals with The Hand and having been shaken down by All Might for information.
- The Hand is a fully-functioning criminal organization, one of its members (Yuki) being a mole under the guise of a UA student.
- Aizawa has a history with the Silver Samurai, hiding a full-body scar under his clothes from the last time he encountered him.
- Handicapped Badass: While quirkless and rendered blind by the start of the story, Izuku's other senses are so heightened that he is functionally capable without so much as a cane.
- Hidden Depths: All Might can read braille and has a license for tutoring physically disabled kids.
- In Spite of a Nail: Despite the Sludge Villain being absent, All Might still winds up giving Izuku One For All and becomes his mentor.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: The Sludge Villain is revealed during The USJ Incident to have been captured prior by The Hand and used as a weapon under their control with a shock collar to keep it in line. Cruel but then you remember that in cannon it nearly killed Izuku and Bakugo.
- Mythology Gag: Scythe is introduced in a karaoke room singing "Take on Me" with multiple corpses in the room before killing the last like he is in Iron Fist.
- Reality Ensues:
- Izuku makes it to the finals of the Sports Festival and decides to drop out after his semi final match. His body has been put through the wringer through his matches against Bakugo, Shoto and Tenya that he opts to drop out and settle for third place as his body can't continue after all he's been through as he just barely avoided needing surgery from Recovery Girl.
- While Bakugo's Hair-Trigger Temper and vulgar attitude is normally played for laughs in canon. Here, opinion of him by everyone else is very low with only Kirishima thinking positively of him. It comes to a head at The Sports Festival where after losing he attacks Izuku and is promptly expelled. When his mother tries to talk Nezu into letting him back in saying that it's just boys being boys, he outright refuses to do so.
- Running Gag: Toru getting the drop on Aizawa due to her invincibility and startling him causing him to tell her not to do that.
- Shipper on Deck: Mina is all for Izuku and Tsuyu getting together.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Their friendship officially broken beyond repair, Izuku gives Bakugo a dressing down when Bakugo breaks his year-long avoidance just to tell him off for beating him at the ball-toss.Izuku: You always are going to have that pathetic chip on your shoulder aren't you? Acting as if the world owes you everything. You strut around acting as if you are responsible for the sun raising everyday and without you everyone would die. You know why no one likes you? Because your an asshole that's why. A self absorbed asshole who spares no thoughts or consequences towards the stuff you do, regardless of how it affects others from what you do. To hell with me? To hell with you Katsuki! And if you ever say anything about my Mother again, I'll beat the living snot out of you!
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Ochako gets second place in the Sports Festival
- Yuki Onna: Yuki is a Hand agent with an ice quirk, the reference lampshaded by her.
- You Have Failed Me: Scythe is killed as punishment for losing to Izuku at The USJ and for also losing The Sludge Villain.