One day on her way back to her family, Lisa Dracula-Tepes is on her way back to her family home when she is suddenly held at knife-point. By who? Nothing but a child; alone, hungry and wounded. This child is the young Trevor Belmont, after being chased off and left an orphan by the church. How could she not help?
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Big Brother Instinct: Trevor's immediate impulse when finding a toddler within a vampire's castle is taking the kid out of the grounds, and he outright screams at Dracula that he won't let him harm the kid.
- Bullying the Dragon: Every moment where Trevor and Dracula are involved usually has Trevor antagonizing Dracula in some fashion while Dracula barely acknowledges his contempt.Quick as a viper-striking, the boy darted around her and launched himself at Dracula. Just as quickly, the vampire caught him by the scruff of his neck and swung him into the air, held like a disobedient puppy.
- Fantastic Racism: Recognizing Dracula on-sight as a vampire, Trevor does everything in his power to antagonize him, either trying (and failing spectacularly) to kill him, or to run away (slowed to a crawl by his healing injuries).
- The Highwayman: Lisa encounters Trevor when she tries to mug her with a knife on her way to the castle. Since Trevor is a heavily wounded preteen child with nothing but a small knife and Lisa had Nerves of Steel to marry fucking Dracula, it works out how you think.
- Kid Hero: When Trevor finds Adrien, who at this time is barely in the toddler stage, he assumes he was kidnapped to be eaten by Dracula later and tries to run off with him in-spite of his injuries.
- Made of Iron: You know Trevor has balls for his age when Lisa finds glass imbedded in his feet and still having been able to walk for days, possibly for weeks.
- Unwanted Rescue: Trevor tried to abscond with Adrian because he operated under the assumption that Adrian was a human baby kidnapped for Dracula to feed on.
- Would Hurt a Child: Subverted. Trevor tries taking Adrien because he believed that Vlad kidnapped him with the intent of eating him, while Vlad initially believed that he was going to kill Adrien because he was part-vampire.