A Worm fanfic by TheDivineDemon.
Thread is here
The Crisis Of Taylor Hebert contains examples of:
- Adult Fear: Danny is very afraid that he has failed Taylor, since apparently of the seven Taylors now in his world, five have become supervillains, and all have powers. Not only did he not notice that his daughter had powers, but in at least six other worlds, he's screwed up equally as bad that she triggered.
- Alternate Universe: Contains versions of Taylor from six of these, each with different powers.
- Dramatic Thunder: THE TECHNO QUEEN was very disappointed when this failed to happen. Which makes sense- the reason it happens in her universe is because of a device she invented, which isn't present in this one.
- Eldritch Abomination: Starfield's friends. Their language is physically disorienting to others.
- Expy: Starfield is a magical portal person through which Lovecraftian Abominations under her control can access Earth.
- Gadgeteer Genius: THE TECHNO QUEEN is a tinker with an unknown specialty.
- Heroic Mime: Marceau.
- Horrifying the Horror: Starfield even creeps out the other Taylors.
- Humanoid Abomination: Starfield and to a lesser extent Banshee.
- Large Ham: THE TECHNO QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Mad Bomber: Shy Girl.
- The Paranoiac: Banshee does not trust the PRT, despite working for them.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: Due to the multi-reality nature of the Taylors, we get ones that range from Canon Taylor (heavily on the Cynicism side) to THE TECHNO QUEEN (Krakathoom) is heavily idealistic (to the point where she's only a villain because it's fun).
- Story-Breaker Power: On a Meta level, this is deliberately defied by the author who doesn't use characters such as AccelTaylor from Acceleration or BusterTaylor from Hope Through Overwhelming Firepower specifically because their powers are so far above everyone else's in the setting that it would be almost impossible to write a realistic challenge for them and also because they would rapidly overshadow all the other Taylor's who didn't have a similar level of power (including the canon one).
- Worth It: Even if her power gives her headaches when abused, Tattletale doesn't mind them for the juicy inter-dimension gossips.