After her last adventure, Rarity just wants life to go back to normal. No jungles, no mud, and above all nopony trying to kill her. Unfortunately fate and Princess Luna have other plans.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Covert Group: Princess Luna is running the search for Benthippus off the books, even from her sister.
- Dead Fic: The story has not been updated since 2013.
- House Fire: The cliffhanger at the end of chapter two.
- Lady Drunk: Rarity's casual alcoholism is becoming a pretty obvious running joke by the second chapter alone. One fears the Drinking Game that one could create through matching her drink for drink, and how many casualties it could create.
- Large Ham: Princess Luna knows how to make an entrance.
- Mysterious Stranger: Coral, whose cloak prevents Rarity from determining whether she's an earth pony, pegasus, or unicorn.
- Official Couple Ordeal Syndrome: We're just at the start and things are already rocky for Rarity and Blueblood.
- Pointy-Haired Boss: Rainbow Dash really has no business in working in an office.
- The Prophecy: The prophecy from the end of the last book is mentioned, but so far hasn't played any part.
- Putting the Band Back Together: At the behest of Princess Luna; Rarity, Blueblood, and Fancy Pants team up once more.
- Sarcastic Confession: Rarity pulls one of these on herself.Im sure that hes gone from designing air yachts and racing ships for the idle rich to developing some top secret invention upon which the fate of the entire nation rests, which he cannot disclose to me on account of its classified nature. Yes he has..
- Sub Story: We haven't actually got to the sub yet, but based on the cover art it plays a major role.
- Sudden Sequel Death Syndrome: The second chapter reveals that Blueblood's mother, Princess Palladium, died in the time between books one and two. Unsurprisingly, considering what a horrible person she was, nopony was saddened by her passing.
- That Came Out Wrong: Rarity angrily questions what Princess Luna has been using Blueblood for. Then she realizes what the phrasing of her question implies.
- World Building: The history of Benthippus.