A My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfic written by GPizano.
The Anon-A-Miss incident is beyond control and despite figuring out the blogger's true identity, no one believes her, her friends have abandoned her, and Sunset Shimmer finds herself alone and at the mercy of the world until a stranger comes to her aid.
Even though she has only known this person for less than a day, Sunset Shimmer finds relief in her kindness and a solution in a bold suggestion. She decides to head west to Los Pegasus with her new acquaintance, finding a different way of life among a group of interesting people. Now that she is in a new place where no one knows her past or treats her with contempt... will she ever want to go back to Canterlot City?
The completed story can be found here
The sequel, Ponies Go To Heaven, can be found here
The third story in the series, All Apologies, can be found here
The fourth and final story, What I Got, can be found here
A noncanon one-shot was written, titled Don't Hold It Against us, and can be found here
This fic provides examples of:
- Accusation Fic: Starts out as this and keeps themes of such throughout. However, the main focus is Sunset Shimmer's growth as a character out in Los Pegasus.
- However, given the generally lighter tone of the series, it can also be seen as a FixFic.
- All Love Is Unrequited: A major side plot of "What I Got" involves Rainbow Dash's crush on Sunset, and how she hoped to rebuild their friendship to make an attempt to act on it. She loses to Jackie.
- Adaptational Alternate Ending: To IDW's My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Holiday Special
- Bait-and-Switch Boss: In All Apologies, when Human!Twilight aborbs the Humane Five's magic and transforms into Midnight Sparkle. She only lasts a few moments before Principal Chrysalis grabs the magic capture device and steals it for herself.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: The Humane 5 during the final battle of All Apologies.
- The Chessmaster: Principal Chrysalis tends to be this, given that she is able to order around the Humane 5 during the Friendship Games in ways that Sunset could have only dreamed of.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Principal Chrysalis is able to keep Vice-Principal Luna silent by hanging this over her. Not much is said, but it's described to be a 'nightmare.'
- Jackie seems to have a whiff of this about her as well, given her past drug abuse.
- Easily Forgiven: Subverted, given that most of the story deals with Sunset recovering from the betrayal and her deciding whether or not she can forgive her friends.
- Enemy Within: Sunset is still weary of the dark magic that she used back during the Fall Formal.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Rainbow Dash in "What I Got." When they first meet in the story, Rainbow picks a fight with Jackie so severe that they need to be broken up. Later, just after Jackie and Sunset have their Relationship Upgrade, it's discovered that Rainbow had entered the Rainbooms into the contest that the Pony Breakers were competing in. It comes to a head when Jackie and Sunset reveal their relationship. Rainbow becomes immediately angry and challenges Jackie to a magic powered guitar battle that she loses. All of this was because Rainbow had a crush on Sunset and she resented Jackie for taking Sunset away before she had a chance to do anything about it.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Jackie has a habit of running in without a plan.
- Meaningful Name: Jackie Vibrato's name is taken from Jackson brand guitars.
- Poppet Valve runs a auto repair shop.
- The Scapegoat: Sunset leaves Canterlot because of being treated as this by the rest of Canterlot High.
- Shout-Out: According to What I Got, Jackie watches television shows such as My Biggy Primate and Stephanie Galaxy.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: More like locked door, locked door, sex.
- Story Arc: While the following three stories are all sequels, they continue the direct fallout of the Anon-A-Miss incident.
- Word of God states that the Anon-a-Miss plot will only be the first.
- Torso with a View: Sunset gets a hole blasted through her torso by Chrysalis in the penultimate chapter of All Apologies.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Principal Chrysalis can be seen as this, as all she wants is to whip CHS into shape following Anon-a-Miss. However, by the final chapters of All Apologies, any good intentions are dropped.