Tales from Tamriel is a fantasy play-by-post roleplay set in the Elder Scrolls Universe, or more specifically the province of Skyrim. The plot centers around a group of mercenaries called the Falcons, who roam Skyrim in search of wealth and adventure. The Falcons' leader, Darius, is a Legate in the Imperial Legion, and his main purpose in becoming a mercenary is to gather intelligence for the war effort against the Stormcloaks. Their adventures run parallel to the plot of the main game, probably including occasional encounters with the Player Character, the Dovahkiin. As it is set in Skyrim, most Skyrim tropes apply. It can be found here.
link machine broke
This work contains examples of:
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: Averted during the attack on Fort Hraggstad, where the drain is barely large enough to crawl through.
- Annoying Arrows: Averted. One arrow is enough to put Matthew out of commission while fighting Warlord Gathrik.
- The Atoner: Tyermaillin, wanting to atone for his actions as a member of the Thalmor.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Shakh has many aspects of this.
- Badass Crew: Both the Falcons and the Windlords.
- Blood from the Mouth: Myrana has the non-fatal kind after being beaten up in Windhelm.
- Blood Knight: Shakh really enjoys fighting.
- Deadpan Snarker: Myrana is always ready with a retort to whatever remark Matthew is making.
- Fantastic Racism: The Stormcloaks towards anyone who isn't a Nord. Remarked on by Darius.
- Five-Man Band: The Falcons are an obvious example of this.
- Handsome Lech: Matthew is a fine example of this.
- Happily Married: Darius, despite his orders keeping him away from home most of the time, obviously loves his wife and son very much.
- Jerkass: Shakh occasionally comes across as this.
- Noodle Incident: Matthew's previous visit to the Broken Sword lodge, which Scipio won't let him forget, involved knives, fabric, and the barmaid, although filling in the blanks is quite easy.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Pretty much anything involving the Dovahkiin is handled via rumor.
- You All Meet in an Inn: Justified during the prologue. Matthew is a regular of the tavern, and Darius went there in order to gather information for the Legion.