It's been barely two hours since the Battle of the Bands, and the Dazzlings are furious over the loss of their powers. In an attempt to cheer them up after she gets thrown out of their hideout, Sonata decides to go out for food after discovering a Special for free tacos, and later gets Pinkie Pie's willing assistance in this regard.
How much trouble can a magic-less Siren and one of Canterlot High's saviors possibly cause just by trying to get a snack at Taco Bell?
How much, indeed?
Taco Quest provides examples of:
- Digging Yourself Deeper
- Hero Antagonist: Shining Armor, the police officer dead-set on catching Pinkie and Sonata after his car is accidentally damaged.
- How We Got Here: The story wastes little time indicating that Sonata and Pinkie never got the tacos they wanted, instead showing them in a jail cell. Of course, the fun is how they got there to begin with.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: With a few exceptions, most of the chapter titles are derived from slogans used by assorted fast food chains.
- Tempting Fate:
- Early in the story, Pinkie encourages Sonata by saying that they'll get their tacos or get thrown in jail trying. Nine hours later...
- After several altercations with Pinkie, Shining Armor muses while getting ready to investigate a routine noise complaint that it was likely he wouldn't be crossing paths with her again that night.