The Superior Spider-Man.
And if you are here, then that means I have chosen you.
Be thankful for I shall make you a part of something bigger than you can imagine.
Izuku Midoriya wants to be a hero. Otto Octavius wants to make up for his mistakes, failures and crimes. The choices are made. The destiny is rewritten. The die is cast. Long live Izuku Midoriya, the Superior Spider-Man!
Superior Legacy is a My Hero Academia/Spider-Man fusion story written by Saint Danielle. The story follows Izuku's journey towards his childhood dream while mentored by one of Spider-Man's deadliest foes himself.
Superior Legacy contains examples of:
- Adaptational Badass: Despite no longer being the bearer of One For All, Izuku still has an impressive powerset. Increased physical abilities, Spider-Sense and, on top of that, Venom Blast.
- Adaptational Early Appearance: In canon, Moonfish appears only during the Forest Training Camp Arc. Here, he appears months prior the U.A. Entrance Exam when he attacks the civilians and gets taken down by Izuku. Similarly, during the same night, Stain makes his first appearance. He takes Izuku's unconscious body away from the battle scene.
- Badass Bookworm:
- Otto is one himself, having gone up against Spider-Man time and again, often contending with Green Goblin for the title of his archenemy.
- This is also the direction Otto is trying to push Izuku in. While the man could easily help him with whatever exams and homework he gets, Otto wants Izuku to match his own brainwork to the good doctor's own very high standards.
- Berserk Button: Bakugou absolutely despises the idea of anyone looking down on him. When he finds out that Izuku, apparently has had a Quirk all these years, he takes it as personal insult and proof of Deku deceiving him on purpose.
- Fair Weather Friend: While not exactly considered friends by Bakugou himself, the general population of Aldera Junior High would normally join in on the blonde's verbal torment and bullying of Izuku. After Izuku accidentally knocks Bakugou out with his Venom Blast, the majority of the students start kissing up to Izuku and more openly talking smack about the blonde.
- For Want of a Nail:
- Instead of dying as he did on Earth-616, Otto Octavius' consciousness ended up in Izuku's world. The latter's act of heroism was witnessed by Octavius and prompted the man to take him as the apprentice and his chance at redemption.
- Why doesn't All Might go to offer Izuku One For All in this story? According to Hawks and Ishigoro Arisama, David Shield suffered a fatal accident and All Might left for America to console his daughter, Melissa. How this will affect his teaching position at U.A. is currently unknown.
- Fun with Acronyms: Izuku's goggles are called AME. It stands for Absolute-Monitoring-Eyes. In nature, jumping spiders (the ones with the eyesight closest to humans) have the ocelli also known as antero-media eyes. Or AME.
- Kid Hero: As is the case with all the students in the world, Izuku is an aspiring hero at the age fourteen. The Hero part gets even more pronounced when Izuku goes on to fight and apprehend Moonfish.
- Legacy Character:
- Meaningful Name:
- Ishigoro Arisama. Her name consists of the words that translate roughly as "Will", "Poshumour work", "Truth/Ideal State". Essentially, it translates to her continuing the work of her predecessor in keeping up the peaceful image of the society.
- Moonfish's real name here is Gichibera Kajiya. The first word roughly means "Slingjaw", the type of fish that can extend their jawsand the second means "Blacksmith", relating to the blades of his Quirk.
- Mythology Gag:
- Octavius' profile name in the mobile app is Tolliver 616. Elliot Tolliver was the name he would use in the civilian identity.
- Izuku's suit, courtesy of Octavius, is based on the Superior Octopus
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome:
- In this story, Izuku actually tried to train his body and become a Quirkless Hero. Unfortunately, he tried it before he was even ten years old, had no means to undergo the rigorous training and mostly relied on the superficial knowledge from the old comics and his own ideas of training. One broken leg and whatever little progress he made was rendered null by a months-long stay in the hospital.
- During his battle against Moonfish, Izuku manages to win by the skin of his teeth due to the lack of proper training, fighting experience and the fact that, despite having the superior powerset, he is still fighting a death-row inmate.
- Following his battle with Moonfish, the Hero Public Safety Commission quickly finds out his real identity despite the face-obscuring goggles and the low-quality of the picture. The fact that just a few days prior Izuku made the news by interfering in the Sludge Incident made it only easier.
- Two Beings, One Body: Downplayed. As a result of the complications during the process of empowering Izuku, Octavius had accidentally ended up in Izuku's body. For now, he seems only capable of talking to him and viewing some of the memories of the boy.