Super Smash Brothers The Animated Series is a forum game that various tropers are playing by continuing the stories from the previous posts within the episodes.
It is based off of Super Smash Bros. as you already know, but the series consists of the various Nintendo heroes (and Third Party Characters) fighting against the forces of Tabuu and his Subspace Emissary. After Tabuu broke free from the confines of Subspace, he hatches a new scheme to end the Smash Brothers World as we know it. As more heroes unite, the danger keeps growing. Will our heroes foil Tabuu's sinister scheme?
The animation studios (if this existed) is helmed by DreamWorks Animation with a Per Episode Budget of 4 Million Dollars for each half hour of action. The show would also be syndicated for Prime Time by various networks, as the promo is aimed at TV Station Owners who are looking to find new material for their prime time block with lots of superlatives and use of the words Smash and Smashing.
All Character tropes for the characters from the official games are in their respective places The Characterization tropes in this fan series will be shown here.
Not to be confused with Super Smash Bros The Animated Series.
"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Tropers Are A GO!"
- Adaptational Badass: Olimar. In Pikmin, he was a family man who just wants to get home. In this, he's a commander that will go to extreme lengths to avenge his troops.
- Ax-Crazy: In reference to the Killager meme, The Villager is this.
- Back from the Dead:
- Tabuu returns after his defeat from Brawl, setting up the story for the series.
- Ganondorf just can't stay dead.
- Closer to Earth: Mario is generally silent until the end of episode eight, where he actually speaks to try to break up a conflict between Bowser and Ike.
- Make Way for the New Villains: The new villain being Ganondorf.
- Intentional Engrish for Funny: Captain Falcone's main character trait.
- Only Sane Man: How General Bog views himself.
- That Came Out Wrong: Bowser minced his words before Sonic reminded him that it is a better idea that the heroes take out Tabuu first.