- An attempt to stop fan wars is here!
Super Sentai Vs Power Rangers, full title Super Sentai vs Power Rangers: The Epic Crossover is a Mega Crossover fic made by Sean Akizuki, a well-known blogger amongst the Sentai circle. It is basically a Massive Multiplayer Crossover of Super Sentai and Power Rangers whereas the Super Sentai, now united to an older version of the Jetman must fight against a united evil forces led by Radiguet and several villains of Super Sentai that has been made to bow at him for some... reason as they try to wreak havoc against past Sentai teams...
This fanfic is quite notorious in a way that the author makes several changes in the continuity to fit what he sees to be 'his better way to execute things'. For instance, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger in the fic is considered to be an Alternate Universe, having defeated the Zangyack, Gai Yuuki is alive and has some explanation on how he ended up back in the living world (and also having married Ako Hayasaka to boot!), and some 'changes' have been made for the background of Power Rangers Samurai characters due to the author not really liking how Saban takes the show. Also, the author is known to have a deep dislike towards Power Rangers series under Bruce Kalish (SPD, Mystic Force, Operation Overdrive (bolded for a reason), and Jungle Fury) to the point of sometimes making the fic more of a Hate Fic at times. With Loads and Loads of Characters, one can know that this can be a bit troublesome and confusing to read, but still readable, if you can stomach the hate he got...
Can be read here.
The fanfic ends up as quite the Snark Bait, as you can see fellow troper Arcadiarika liveblog it and youtube user Werezilla reading it out loud. Note: They both rip apart the fic with gusto. The liveblog has its own page, Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers: The Liveblog.
Also compare with a similar fic, Super Sentai vs. Super Sentai, which kinda works in a smaller scale.
Tropes associated to Super Sentai vs Power Rangers (at least the fair ones...)
- Aborted Arc: Operation Suicide. In which Commander Ichijou ordered the Operation Overdrive Rangers in a suicide mission which had them brutally killed when in reality, it's just to project how the author hates Operation Overdrive and Bruce Kalish. This got so many backlash to even those who dislike OO that the author had to remove the episode.
- Ranger Key arc, which completely downplays the existence of Gokaigers, in which the team visits the past to make the PR team able to transform into Pre-Jetman teams by holding their respective Ranger Keys and shouting their By the Power of Grayskull! quotes... also deleted.
- Action Girl: ... Goes without saying, every girl is.
- Author Appeal: Shipping, hot girls, Cole Evans, and bashing hated characters.
- Back from the Dead: Most villains. And Gai.
- But Not Too Foreign: Aside of Eiji Takaoka, Jayden becomes one as the author's liberal 'retool'
- Butt-Monkey: Oh, let's see... There's Ban, Sosuke, Houka... basically, if you frequent the 'detention center', you're usually treated as this by the author. And outside that, poor Gai Ikari.
- Chick Magnet: Apparently, Cole Evans.
- Demoted to Extra: So many to list...
- Evil Overlord: Radiguet
- Full-Name Basis: In narration, it's always with full names, just so they don't confuse those whose Name's the Same. Which is to say... a lot.
- Hate Fic: This fic is almost this, if you notice how much the author bashes the hell out of Kalish seasons. Aside of the Aborted Arc above, there's also one tiny detail where the author had Marah and Kapri get killed off because he thinks they're so dumb.
- Hopeless Suitor: Oh so much. And sometimes, in a pairing that you wouldn't even think of. There's Spike to Kaoru Shiba and Cole to Sakura Nishihori... to name a few.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Flurious. Dear God, FLURIOUS. He might not be a competent villain from the weakest Power Rangers series, but the treatment he got from the villains AND the author makes him look pitiful than annoying as the author intended.
- Lethal Chef: To an Anvilicious degree, the author never makes you forget that Mako and Mia are horrible cooks and they weaponized their horrid cooks for... other things.
- Lighter and Softer: What the author intended... sometimes it makes the already sadistic Radiguet look silly.
- Oedipus Complex: Apparently Shiba Takeru, whose mother looked exactly like his now-girlfriend Mako.
- Original Generation: Chiharu Tanaka, long lost daughter of Aya Odagiri, and now forming a relationship with Hoji Tomasu.
- Product Placement: The iPod is used by several characters throughout the fanfic, from Tommy using it to obtain information about the remaining Maskmen to Kimberly listening to one of Teresa's songs with it.
- Shipper on Deck: Jasmine seems to be shipping Cole with Sakura.
- Shout-Out: The sons of the Jetmen are named after the Gatchamen (Ken, Joe and... Ryo, just to avoid the same name with Red Hawk)
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Arguably, Cole Evans. The author seems really fixated on him and can't even understand how the fans actually react about Cole...
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: The author has implied that Chiharu is intended to be this for Jasmine and that Jasmine will quit the Dekarangers to raise a family with Tetsu.
- You Don't Look Like You: In fic version. There are many instances but most glaringly, Radiguet and the Gokaigers.
- Villainous Crush: Radiguet to Kimberly. Kiros to Mako.