The cover for the fic.
A fanfiction written by Jakeroo123, Super Mario Colors is a crossover of Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Bros. It can be read on DeviantArt or FanFiction.Net.
Super Mario Colors provides examples of the following tropes:
- Adaptation Expansion
- Amusement Parkof Doom: Played with — Tails keeps asking Sonic if they can go on the rides because he thinks they look fun instead of "doom-like". Eggman is pretty much notorious for designing very stupid versions of this trope.
- Blow You Away: Sonic
- Bilingual Bonus: If you can read hexadecimal, you might notice a few things.
- Blind Without 'Em: Amy Rose doesn't wear glasses, but it's hinted that she needs an eye doctor, as she mistook Shadow for Sonic.
- Catchphrase: "Let's go trash the place!" from Sonic with a couple of variations. Daisy also has her trademark "Hi, I'M DAISY!," which Luigi complains about.
- Comically Invincible Hero: Somewhat played with, since in the first chapter Mario had to tell Luigi that he is not, in fact, invincible (despite having super-speed and a high IQ). Mario is this intentionally.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Mario swung his hands in front of him, releasing gigantic twin dragons of flame, causing Omega to overheat and shut down to cool off. "As I said, I'm Super Mario. You never stood a chance." That's the entire fight, Played for Laughs, of course.
- Deadpan Snarker: Luigi when angry, scared, or upset.
- Fourth-Wall Observer: Waluigi
- Fun with Foreign Languages: Cubot's "random babblings" in Chapter 22 are actually all hexadecimal codes, which translate into things like "You're a nerd if you can read this," "Lampshade hanging," and "breaking the fourth wall."
- Innocent Prodigy: Tails and Luigi, even though the latter is much older.
- Insane Troll Logic: Invoked in Chapter 29 for Waluigi.
- Lampshade Hanging: Frequently.
- Playing with Fire: Mario
- Showy Invincible Hero: Mario comes off as this at first.
- Shock and Awe: Luigi and Tails
- Shout-Out: Chapter 24 features a Shout Out to Phineas and Ferb by having Cubot sing a couple of songs from the show. The Tails Doll joins in.
- Stout Strength: Mario, of course. He even refers to it by thinking that being fat is an advantage when you have to "smash stuff."
- Tempting Fate: This line: "I SHALL ANNIHILATE THE RED PLUMBER. IT SHOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT."
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Luigi's given two, albeit short, ones.
- The Unintelligible: Yacker, which is a reference to the Sonic Colors game.