While having tea with Princess Luna, Princess Celestia lets off steam about how ponies always act like they're walking on eggshells when she's around just because she's their Princess. After a few remarks and suggestions are served across the table they come to a decision whereby Celestia will take the following day off with Luna in her stead. Since nearly everypony takes a visit from royalty as anything but casual Celestia takes on the form of a pegasus mare called Sunny Skies.
Princess Celestia subsequently ends up meeting every one of Twilight's friends and Twilight Sparkle herself and finds any number of holes in her disguise as they get talking. Can she maintain the façade of an ordinary pegasus or are her plans for future breaks of this nature gonna be blown open?
Tropes contained within this Fanfic:
- Covered in Mud: When Celestia helps Applejack free a cart from a mud puddle she falls into another in the process.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Pinkie Pie figures out almost immediately who Sunny Skies really is, but doesn't say anything.
- King Incognito: Celestia disguising herself as Sunny Skies.
- Oh, Crap!: The Mane Six (minus Pinkie) react this way when they find out Sunny Skies is Princess Celestia.
- Sequel Hook: Near the end Twilight asks Celestia if they'll see more of Sunny Skies in the future.
- Stop Worshipping Me: The whole reason for Celestia's decision and disguise.