Straight Through is a story by Extra Gone. Set a year after the events of Persona 4: Arena, two years after Persona 4, and three years after Persona 3 FES: The Answer, July 2013 to be exact, the main character is Yosuke Hanamura, one of the P4 characters, who goes on a vacation trip to Port Island with his parents (in reality, his father wanted to give a boost to the failing Port Island Junes). On his first night, however, his Persona leads him to a young woman sitting alone, Yukari Takeba. After some failed attempts to woo her, he meets her friends, Fuuka Yamagishi and Junpei Iori, and after some mishaps, reunites with Aigis and Labrys. He realizes that he is in the wrong place at the wrong time, as the Midnight Channel is airing in Tatsumi Port Island, and seems to be taking previous Persona-users....
Another part of the fic is that Yukari is struggling endlessly with losing the Protagonist (called Minato Arisato in this fanfic), her soulmate and boyfriend. While she has improved from the events of The Answer, Yukari is torn between her memories of the past and her promise to live for the future.
The fic has been put on a permanent hiatus.
Tropes related to Straight Through...
- Berserk Button: Minato is both Yukari and Junpei's landmine. Yosuke learns it the hard way when he insinuated bad things about him.
- Call-Back: Back then, Junpei seems to humorously say he's an "Ace Detective". When he appears in the Midnight Channel, his program is "Ace Alcoholic"
- The Cameo: Quite a lot from previous Persona games. Like Eikichi Mishina, Hidehiko Uesugi, Masao Inaba...
- Closet Geek: Ken still denies that he's fanboying Featherman when he sees one.
- Friend to All Children: Yosuke tries, bless him. But Yukari is just so much more successful at that.
- Humiliation Conga: The entirety of Junes Con for Yukari. Not only does it have her debut as Miss Junes, there's her breakdown at Yosuke.
- That's nothing compared to her Midnight Channel. Okay, The Answer is something that she admitted stupid even for herself, but the Shadow exaggerates it to the point of obsessed slut, and she had to re-watch it... together with Yosuke, Teddie, Aigis, Labrys and Fuuka. Ooouch....
- I Just Want to Be Beautiful: Fuuka's problems, as culminated in her Shadow.
- Large Ham: Mr. Yusuke Hanamura (Yosuke's father). Ye gods, this guy is just SO overly enthusiastic in Junes advertising and his fetish over Junes. And it is hilariously awesome.
- Lethal Chef: Mystery Food X: Tatsumi Port Island Edition. Courtesy of Fuuka. Side-effects may include hallucinations and as usual, being unable to get up for a long time.
- Like Father, Like Son: Junpei's problems. He doesn't like his drunkard father, but as harsh life starts catching up to him, he resorts to... drinking.
- Loving a Shadow: Yosuke crushes on Yukari. Yukari is an older girl, and she feels kinda annoyed at him. Looks similar to his stint with Saki before.
- Ms. Fanservice: The basis of Ms. Junes. Yukari isn't quite thrilled, but hey, the pay's good.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Nice job with your snide insinuation of Minato having a drug-run, Yosuke!
- My God, What Have I Done?: Although he was clearly very remorseful after learning the truth from Aigis.
- Pietà Plagiarism: Disturbingly used in Shadow Yukari. It is carrying a miniature Messiah in this pose, giving off some disturbing symbolic imagery, considering who the original carrier is...note
- Second Love: The main premise of the fic. For both Yosuke and Yukari.
- Secret Handshake: "Ai and Labby in the morning! Nights!"
- Single-Target Sexuality: Shadow Yukari is an exaggeration of this.
- Troll: Fuuka was harrassed by anonymous Trolls in Image Boards dissing her being ugly. This eventually culminates to her Shadow encounter.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Yosuke and Yukari to each other. Junpei then gives one of his own to Yosuke.