Stolen Ice is a fanfiction of the 2013 film Frozen written by Aesla on Fan Fiction Dot Net. The story eschews the source material's Fantasy setting for a Science Fiction romp set in the present day. The first chapter may be read here. The story was completed on August 31st 2014, with a two part epilogue following on September 30th.
Author's Synopsis: Sisters are orphaned, split at birth. One's a thief, the other a conwoman. There's paintings, diamond heists, forgotten identities, and an evil corporation. There's also a slow burn romance, which isn't the best when it's with your long-lost sister you never knew you had. So, accidental icest. Eventual Elsanna. Also a mAU, with electro/techno powers.
Stolen Ice demonstrates examples of the following tropes:
- Adaptational Jerkass: Anna is much more self-centered, abrasive and manipulative than her film self.
- Adaptational Villainy: The characters are re-imagined as criminals with different areas of expertise, so this is a given. While it's a Downplayed Trope for the two heroines, Aladdin is a straighter example.
- The Alcoholic: Jane is a recovering alcoholic and we learn how she got the habit. She resumes drinking at the end of Stolen Ice but recovers again with some counselling and the aid of an Alcoholics Anonymous group.
- Artistic License Engineering: Word of God has confessed to invoking this trope with regards to Jane's powers for the sake of simplicity and Rule of Cool.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Jane struggles to express her feelings for Anna.
- The Con: Jane and Anna cross paths as a result of being paired together for a heist. The story features many other heists.
- Crossover: The story also adapts characters from The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.
- Distracted by the Sexy: A tactic Anna uses during cons. E.J. borrows the skill during the epilogue.
- Hidden Depths: After repeatedly telling Anna she doesn't have a diamond fetish Jane reveals she prefers stealing diamonds because their value is relatively stable in the world's markets and she uses the money she from them to build orphanages anonymously across the world.
- It's All About Me: Anna. She really only grows out of it when Jane leaves her at the end of the story.
- Manipulative Bitch: Anna again.
- Maybe Ever After: E.J. and Anna end Stolen Ice by restarting their relationship with a "first date", at peace with the fact that they may never return to the closeness they once had.
- Averted in the epilogue, which reveals they did end up back together as romantic partners.
- Meaningful Name: Jane Doe is the name given to unidentified female patients, a name Jane kept given her Identity Amnesia.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Jane's guilt of killing a man who tried to help her during a bout of alcoholism haunts her throughout the story and destroying the Weseltech facility and endangering the lives of those within push her to leave Anna.
- Power Incontinence: Jane has trouble controlling her powers, prompting her to wear gloves like her film counterpart.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: Aladdin tricked Jane into sleeping with him when she was a preteen and bears no remorse for his actions when he reappears in the present day.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Jane walks out on Anna after escaping from Weseltech for her Manipulative Bitch and It's All About Me tendencies, alongside her own guilt for destroying the building and harming lives in the process. This triggers the latter's Character Development.
- Surprise Incest: Between Elsa and Anna.