It is, as of April 2019, composed of two stories:
Both stories are complete.
This series provides examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Pinkie Pie.
- Alliterative Title: Multiple:
- Steel Soul Saga.
- The individual stories, Steel Soul and Steel Spirit
- Electric Extrapolation, the fourth chapter of Steel Spirit.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Multiple forms:
- Each story has an Alliterative Title, with the first component being "Steel".
- The chapter titles in Steel Spirit, beyond the first, are electronic / computer science / engineering terms, of sorts, and composed of two words:
- Calculated Decision
- Data Processing
- Electric Extrapolation
- Input Functionality
- Structured Analysis
- Finalized Compilation
- Unicorn: One of the three common pony races. They cast magic through their horns.
- Cross-Cast Role: If Sweetie Belle's mention of the pirate character she's playing as "He" is any hint. Although, Rarity calls it a she.
- Mind over Matter: Unicorn telekinesis, for the Mundane Utility of moving things around.
- Pirate: Sweetie Belle needs a pirate costume for her play, and Rarity is helping make it. Sweetie picks an garish shade of red, because "he wants to look ugly so he scares everypony! Sweetie Belle smirked as she brought down her hoof. The logic was impeccable."
- Robotic Reveal: As the cover image of implies, this is what happens to Sweetie Belle by total surprise.
- Alliterative Title: The fourth chapter, "Electric Extrapolation".
- Dream Walker: In the first chapter, "Sparks of Faith", when Sweetie Belle thinks about Luna's powers to do this to stop nightmares, but she's not exactly a pony:She wondered why Luna never visited her in those nightmares... or even if she could.
- Precursors: As said in "Input Functionality": They were the Draconeuuqii, but only one is known, Discord."Wait," Sweetie Belle interjected, "the precursors are real?"
"Yes, as a matter of fact. You've even met one!" Cheerilee nodded out the door. "The Draconeuuqii were once quite widespread—"
The school bell suddenly chimed
- The X of Y: The first chapter, Sparks of Faith, which starts with thoughts about what's basically the religion of Equestria, the beliefs in their Princesses:She wondered why Luna never visited her in those nightmares... or even if she could.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Sweetie worries she will outlive all her friends, having nightmares about walking in a graveyard with her friends' names on the tombstones.