Star Wars: Light in Dark Time is an ongoing fanfic by upcoming fanfic author, Goad. The series begins shortly after the The Empire Strikes Back, with Luke and his friends being chased by their nemesis, a genius imperial named Captain Zorg, and carries through into Return of the Jedi, however, shortly after both the Emperor and Darth Vader are defeated, Luke and his friends encounter Doc Brown and Marty McFly, and are taken on an epic, multiversal romp, where they encounter the characters of many other franchises, including the Doctor who recruits them in a quest to avert a threat that may destroy all fictional realities. However, they encounter many threats, including an evil version of Luke, and his Empire.
The series is filled with cameos from many series, including, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Back to the Future, as well as Star Trek, Harry Potter, Alien, Shrek, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and counting. The series began its life as a Troll Fic, but from the third chapter onwards, it has become an action series, focusing on the threats Luke and the gang encounter while looking for more recruits for their mission. The series has 10 chapters thus far and is updated on Thursdays. Can be found here.
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Alternate Timelines: The series' real plot begins when Doc and Marty inadvertently get Luke and his friends to create an alternate timeline where Anakin never became Darth Vader, but Order-66 still happened. The result is an evil version of Luke, a more competent Empire, and a potentially worse galaxy.
- Alternate Universe: The series treats different fictional universes as alternate realities, with the Doctor's plan being to recruit heroes from different universes to save reality.
- Artifact Title: A bizarre version of this. The series quickly leaves merely the Star Wars universe, with most of it taking place outside of Star Wars. More than that, after the first two chapters, the title has more or less, nothing to do with the plot. Of course, this was intentional, as this started out as a Troll Fic.
- A Villain Named "Z__rg": Captain Zorg.
- Ax-Crazy: Shrek is this, viciously attacking imperial troops, while quoting dialogue from his films.
- Body Horror: When a squadron of stormtroopers go to a star destroyer that went silent orbiting LV-426 they see the crew members with their chests bursted out.
- Evil Me Scares Me: Luke has this reaction when Jinn reveals his identity for the first time.
- For Want of a Nail: Had Doc and the others not tried to change the past, Anakin wouldn't have tried to kill Palpatine, if he didn't try to kill Palpatine, he wouldn't have argued with Mace Windu, if he didn't argue with Windu, neither of them would've died, if neither of them died, Order-66 wouldn't have been successful, if Order-66 hadn't been successful, Jinn wouldn't have to see his family killed by the Empire, if he didn't have to see his family killed by the Empire, he wouldn't have snapped, if he wouldn't have snapped, he wouldn't become the new Emperor, so on, and so forth.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: Why Jinn (Luke's evil self from the changed timeline) is recruiting characters from separate universes, who his "Master" is, and how he and Captain Zorg met, are all unknown.
- Humanoid Abomination: Shrek is this managing to take down one AT-AT, two AT-STs, a TIE-fighter, and multiple stormtroopers, with his bare hands.
- Knight of Cerebus: Jinn fills this role, with his appearance marking a more action-adventure turn to the series, Admiral Zorg adds to this, being cold and calculating,and planning majority of the expeditions he and Jinn go on.
- Lampshade Hanging: Luke asks himself in the beginning of chapter three why he was "speaking in correct grammar" before wondering why he even asked himself that.
- Mary Sue: Ruby appears to be this, but this is averted in the fact that she rarely appears.
- Myth Arc: Begins in chapter five when the group meets the Doctor.
- Mythology Gag: Several, Jinn Skywalker being the name of Darth Vader's hypothetical son in Darth Vader and the Lost Command, at one point Vader kills an imperial officer named "Captain Starkiller", Captain Zorg is a chiss and is based heavily on Admiral Thrawn, and Obi-Wan being called OB1 (it's based on a fan theory from before the Prequel Trilogy).
- Put on a Bus: Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, and Jar Jar Binks all disappear after the first two chapters justified in that they're all dead, then again, Jar Jar did come back a couple of times. Obi-Wan (OB1) disappears as well.
- Shoutout: Ruby's full name is, Ruby Darkside Crazy Crowpath, wonder where the author got that from.
- Take That!: Jar Jar Binks dies three times over the course of chapters one and two and never appeared again.
- The Reveal: Jinn Skywalker revealing his identity to Luke.
- Troll Fic: Began life as this back for the first two chapters, including horrible grammar and spelling, a confusing narrative, inconsistent events (one character dies three times in the first two chapters, and Darth Vader being called...Dark Vader). However, from chapter three onwards, the series gains a more serious tone, proper grammar, and a coherent plot, this is lampshaded.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Jinn and his "Master" quickly adapt a new plan when their plan to capture and use Aang for unknown purposes failed.