Spider-Man Rebirth is an Alternate Universe Spider-Man fanfic by MarvelHero1610. It takes place in a rebooted continuity of Spider-Man, in somewhat of a similar vein to Ultimate Spider-Man but with a very different take on the origins of Peter's powers and some of the relationships with other characters. Word of God states that the first story was intended to be a launching pad for the writer's own rendition of the Marvel Universe, called Rebirth but hiatuses and other issues have thus far delayed that.
Note: This trope page is chock full of spoilers, so if you would be so kind as to read it then come back here.
Spider-Man Rebirth provides examples of the following tropes:
- Adorkable: Peter definitely qualifies as one, as always.
- Berserk Button: Threatening or even touching MJ is one. Flash learns this the hard way.
- Body Horror: Curt Connors' transformation is...very much so.
- Carnival of Killers
- Cat Girl: Black Cat
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Peter's first fight against The Lizard doesn't go particularly well. He ends up unconscious in an alley with broken bones and large lacerations. However, after this, Peter has begun to learn to hold his own.
- Darker and Edgier: Considerably so. For one, the circumstances behind Peter's parents death and Uncle Ben's. First starters, Peter's mother is killed as a result of an assassination attempt on his father's life by using a Brown Recluse Spider to kill her and Peter is then targeted for capture due to his bloodline and being the first real Super Soldier in decades. On top of that, the origins of some villains also change tremendously due to this. There is also a very large amount of violence and cursing.
- Genius Bruiser: Amazingly bright, has read so far ahead of his teachers that he could literally teach the class and has nearly torn a man's arm off by accident.
- Girl Next Door: More like girl a little bit down the street, but yes, Mary Jane is this.
- Hurting Hero: Peter's first official outing as Spider-Man ends up with him in an alleyway with a concussion and several broken bones...then Harry hits him with his car.
- I Shall Taunt You: Peter usually uses this as a defense mechanism
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Peter's thoughts concerning not fearing Flash anymore because he could break his arms or if necessary, kill him certainly show an attitude shift after settling into the role of Spider-Man. Isn't like Flash doesn't deserve it.