Spa Day is a Doctor Who fanfic that imagines what Missy did right after her regeneration. She relaxes in a spa that doesn't quite live up to her standards. The consequences are disastrous.
This story contains examples of:
- Ambiguous Ending: Missy joins a nudist colony but it is uncertain as to whether she will be happy there or if the colony will suffer the same fate as the spa.
- Call-Forward: Missy imagines the Doctor becoming a woman and being able to say "Welcome to the sisterhood". She also plans to get a purple dress with a hat and umbrella after losing her clothes.
- Creator Cameo: The man Missy meets at the end is named after the author who is also a nudist.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Missy uses her hypnotic powers as well as her body to get a security guard to do her bidding.
- For Want of a Nail: If the spa's computer had made Missy's martini the way she wanted, she would not have blown up the spaceport.
- Insane Troll Logic: Missy is furious that the spa's computer served her a drink with an ingredient that reminds her of a traumatic incident from her past (something the computer could not possibly have known about).
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Missy cannot recall why she regenerated but she can tell that it was not a pleasant experience.
- Ms. Fanservice: Missy spends most of the story in a towel and the rest of it naked and the guard compliments her on her appearance.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Missy had not planned on removing her towel but she does so in order to get what she wants.
- Unusual Euphemism: Missy uses "Rassilon" (the founder of Time Lord society) instead of "God" or "Jesus".
- Villain Protagonist: The story is told from Missy's perspective.