Sole Survivor without a radioactive wasteland to roam is the completed sequel to the Worm fanfic A Dovahkiin Without Dragon Souls To Spend. However, instead of Taylor being the main character, its now Danny with the powers of a Fallout 4 character.
After the events of the previous story, Danny must learn to deal with the Fallout of the situation.
Now has a sequel, the third entry into this trilogy, the aptly and unimaginatively named A Trilogy Without Save Files to Abuse.
Unmarked spoilers below
Sole Survivor without a radioactive wasteland to roam contains the following tropes:
- 24-Hour Armor: He doesn't eat, he doesn't sleep, he just keeps going.
- Bag of Holding: Just like his daughter, Danny has this power and so does Circus.
- Book-Ends: Danny thinks how life is like a dream, in different contexts at the beginning and end.
- Contrasting Sequel Main Character
- Critical Encumbrance Failure
- Critical Existence Failure: Unlike Vim, Danny can still take limb damage as a Fallout 4 character would. However, the effects are temporary, just like in the game.
- Crouch and Prone: It wouldn't be a Fallout 4 crossover if this couldn't be done.
- Good Is Not Nice: While Danny was never explicitly stated as a good guy at the beginning, this is how he was viewed when he defended a group of survivors against a group of gang members. The method of defence? Automatic gun fire from a line of turrets. It was less of a fight and more of a slaughter. Said survivors instantly grew fearful of their protector.
- Healing Potion: After Vims debut with her healing potions, multiple Tinkers have learnt to duplicate the effects to varying degrees of success.
- Hyperactive Metabolism
- I Have Many Names: Due to Dannys apathetic nature in choosing a Cape name for himself, many other people tend to choose for him, though he does settle on Vigour eventually. Other names hes had (but never disputed): The Builder, Toride, Silver Shroud, Blue and Fortress.
- Item Crafting: Danny builds a fortress, bristling with turrets within a night and proceeds to make machines that builds armor and weapons.
- Just Add Water: How said crafting works.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Circus liked that.
- Lack of Empathy: Danny just stops caring about anything. However, he does get better.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: A minor example. Without the bad guys of the story, none of the good guys wouldve teamed up with Danny, none of them wouldve helped him get over his issues and he wouldve been stuck in a fortress of his own making, still building literal and metaphorical walls around himself.
- One Size Fits All: Armor that Danny wears contort themselves to fit him. This also applies to armor he creates for other people.
- Please Wake Up: Averted luckily for Danny and almost said word for word. Shows how far Danny has come when he reveals how much he can care for other people.
- The Power of Friendship: Despite the somber mood of the story, a part of Dannys power is literally tied to this idea due to his Fallout 4 nature. For someone so antisocial, Danny sure makes a lot of friends.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Much like a Fallout character, Danny ends up forming this. A former Protectorate Tinker (Armsmaster), a kleptomaniac rogue (Circus), a former Nazi Blaster (Purity) and a somewhat crazy Asian bomber (Bakuda) join Danny in his efforts to defeat the Slaughterhouse Nine and find Taylor.
- Sequel Hook: Danny and his friends set out of Brockton Bay to fight the Slaughterhouse Nine (who have taken Amy with them), knowing that the Protectorate will likely mark them all as criminals and persecute them, while Taylor returns to Brockton Bay to help fight Echidna - and ends up absorbing the souls of her clones and learning a Shout.