Show me yesterday, for i can't find today is a Batman fanfiction created by redtruthed.
While fighting a D-list villain, Red Hood is zapped and he switches place with his younger self on the very same day he died.
This Fan Fic provides examples of:
- Awful Truth: The death of Jason is this for Past Jason and Past Bruce.
- Continuity Nod: Of a sort. The fic's name comes from Batman #645, which is titled the same and occurs midway through Under the Hood. In that issue Bruce and Alfred spend their time remembering how Jason used to be and try to come to terms with what he had become.
- Deliberately Cute Child: Playe with the younger Jason, as he's fourteen and a Jerk with a Heart of Gold but, as he has yet to become an Unscrupulous Hero that liberally uses Pay Evil unto Evil, he comes off as more idealistic and innocent.
- Entertainingly Wrong: When confronted to the Red Hood, his barely concealed vitriol towards Past Batman makes the Dark Knight believe Dick Grayson is hiding behind the helmet - since they weren't in the best of terms at the time.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: How the time travel occurs.
- Future Me Scares Me: Played for Laughs when Future Jason reveals Dick is going to cut his hair and ditch the glitter and high collar for dressing in black. Past Dick - who's in his Discowing phase - immediately begs to be killed.
- Heartbroken Badass: Future Bruce, who dealt with his grief by bottling up his emotions and focusing solely on the mission.
- I Hate Past Me: Inverted. Past Jason hates Future Jason as he blames him for his rocky relationship with the rest of the Batfamily.
- Meanwhile, in the Future : Used literally, as the fic switches between how both Jasons are dealing with being transplated across time. At least until Future Jason and Past Bruce travel to the future.
- Oh, Crap!: Jason's reaction when he realizes he's in the same day he died.
- Peggy Sue: Yes, of the "switch places with my younger self" type.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: For all his bluff, Jason still suffers from his traumatic death.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Jason, both past and future versions.
- Tom the Dark Lord: The Time-Twizzler, who is on the same league as Condiment King and Calendar Man.