The story begins after Giovanni has been shot by Delia. Delia had gone to shoot him dead but couldn't get past her kind nature and her bad aim. Now Giovanni has chased Delia back to her home and is out to finish what was started over ten years ago.
This fic provides examples of:
- Adult Fear: Delia's afraid because she and her son are both in danger from Ash's vengeful father.
- Alternate Universe Fic: Sometime during Diamond & Pearl, Delia and Giovanni had a confrontation. This eventually ends with Giovanni being arrested.
- Big Damn Heroes: Ash, Dawn, Brock, and the Terrible Trio save Delia and Oak at the last minute.
- Co-Dragons: After Jessie and James quit Team Rocket, Butch and Cassidy become Giovanni's main enforcers.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Prior to becoming Professor Oak's student and settling down in Pallet, Delia was a member of Team Rocket who thought they were altruistic. When she learned about their true nature she left, but not before becoming being pregnant with Giovanni's son.
- Dark Fic: Delia has been shot by Giovanni, who is out to kill her and their son.
- HeelFace Turn: Jessie and James quit Team Rocket after Giovanni tries to kill them.
- Meaningful Rename: Delia renamed herself after going into hiding in Pallet Town.
- Mistaken for Romance: If Professor Oak and Delia's relationship is platonic, then Giovanni's accusations about them are this.
- Offing the Offspring: Giovanni knows that Ash is his son, but nevertheless Ash is still a thorn in his side that he wants gone.
- Patchwork Fic: It's anime based but takes influence from Pokémon Live!.
- Patricide: Subverted. Ash beats Giovanni up but he survives.
- Related in the Adaptation: Ash is Giovanni's son, though he doesn't know it yet.
- Ship Tease: There's a lot of teasing between Oak and Delia, though their interactions could also be seen as platonic.
- Would Hurt a Child: Giovanni attempts to shoot his 10-year old son.