Sentibubber Super Bowl is an Alternate Universe Fic made by RockSunner, for Miraculous Ladybug. Part of the Smart Adversaries AU for Miraculous Ladybug on AO3, in which Ladybug villains make smarter decisions. The series has a tropes page here.
This is an eight-chapter work and it is now complete.
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- Alternate Universe Fic: A What If? with the change that Shadow Moth is more suspicious of Alya and he does some extra checking, spotting a flaw in her illusions.
- Big "NO!": Alya has one when she fails to save her sisters from a fall.
- Bittersweet Ending: Marinette and Adrien have a mutual reveal and declare their love, but Adrien finds out he is a sentimonster and goes off on a road trip with Sentibubbler to find himself. It's left open if he will ever return to Marinette.
- Butterfly Effect: Marinette fails to anticipate that her absence from Alya's place will change the sequence of events.
- Cloning Blues: Adrien feels like less than a person when he learns his genetics were cloned from his "cousin" Félix.
- Fix Fic:
- This story explains how Kaalki was able to teleport to where Plagg was in "Sole Crusher", without giving her a plot-busting kwami finder power which could have been used to find Nooroo and Duusuu. (Tikki gave Kaalki Adrien's address for emergency use).
- This story fixes the mistake Ladybug made of continuing to use holders whose identities are compromised.
- Guile Hero: Ladybug uses a fake ring made by a Lucky Charm to stall the Graham de Vanilys.
- Loophole Abuse: Kwamis can't say the names of their current or former holders, but Nooroo and Duusu can give an address, and Nooroo can name Mayura since he was never held by her.
- Ominous Message from the Future: Ladybug prepares to send one to herself, when the Fox Miraculous is lost and Alya's position is compromised even further. It contains an exact plan based on knowledge from the future, which is unfortunately discussed with the others in detail.
- The Pawn: Adrien was created as a sentimonster by his parents, in order to have a "perfect" child under their control who could one day claim the Prodigious (from the Shanghai special).
- Re-Power: Shadow Moth loses the Butterfly and the Peacock, but gains the Fox.
- Reset Button:
- All of the unmasking except for Shadow Moth's and Chat Noir's identities being known to Ladybug are undone by the message back in time.
- Ladybug uses a second message back in time, using Viperion for additional resets.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Adrien is a sentimonster, and Felix gets control of him through a stolen ring.
- The Unmasking:
- Alya is exposed as a full-time Miraculous holder, which Shadow Moth didn't expect.
- Ladybug exposes her identity to Chat Noir so he won't have to fight alone.
- Shadow Moth's identity is exposed when the rescued Nooroo and Duusu are able to provide enough information.
- Char Noir's identity is exposed by his reaction to the identity of Shadow Moth.
- Unspoken Plan Guarantee: The first plan was discussed, and it was a fiasco. The second was not, and it was an Offscreen Moment of Awesome.
- You Are Too Late: With their timing thrown off by a Butterfly Effect, the heroes fail badly their second time around.