Screw the Rules, I have Escalation! is a Worm and Yu-Gi-Oh! crossover fanfic by Stewart92.
Taylor triggers with the ability to use cards from the Duel Realm. This new power will change the world forever. The original can be read on Spacebattles here. The redux version can be read here.
This story contains examples of:
open/close all folders
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Thanks to her cards, very little can actually get in Taylor's way.
- Outside-Context Problem: The powers from the Duel Realm are completely nothing like what Earth Bet has ever encountered before.
- Power Incontinence: Zigzagged. Taylor can choose when to use her cards, but can't decide what card she gets.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: One of Taylor's monsters is Ultimate Insect LV1, who eventually evolves into Ultimate Insect LV7.
- Colony Drop: During the fight against the Simurgh, she decides to drop a satellite to try and finish everyone off.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Taylor's monsters are able to deal a lot of damage to the Simurgh.
- Eaten Alive: Blue-Eyes White Dragon does this to Lung. Thankfully, Blue-Eyes spat him back out a few days later.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Grappler is sacrificed in order to use a card Taylor needs to defeat a villain.
- Laser-Guided Karma: A villain who uses their powers to control his victims and lure them to a separate space to torment them until they die picks Taylor as his next victim. Kisara is having none of it and challenges him to a Shadow Game. He cheats, which causes him to receive a Penalty Game. His punishment is to be controlled and tormented by the ghosts of his victims until he dies (and possibly even after that).
- Let's Get Dangerous!: In the fight against the Simurgh, Taylor is forced to summon another Blue-Eyes White Dragon, and later fuses them into Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon.
- An Arm and a Leg: When Sophia and her cronies start to harass Taylor, Comrade Swordsman of Landstar defends her by chopping off one of Sophia's hands.
- Brainwashing for the Greater Good: Märfae Rabbie seems to think this, as it tries its hardest to make Taylor happy after it is drawn.
- Brooklyn Rage: Red-Eyes Black Dragon has this, as a Shout-Out to Joey Wheeler's accent in the dub.
- Camp: The Elemental Heroes act like this. Pegasus also gives off this vibe.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: The Simurgh tries to manipulate Slifer the Sky Dragon. This resulted in it being sliced almost in half.
- Enemy Mine: Pegasus is going to Bakura for help as no one else is available.
- Physical God: The Egyptian God cards are this. Slifer says so when she meets Taylor.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Taylor's team consists of herself, whatever monsters she has at a time, a minor hero with a neglectful father, and a reluctantly joined sorta-reformed biotinker.
- Recruiting the Criminal: Talor recruits Blasto as she finds he might be useful.
- Sad Clown: Underneath her joking exterior, Ragdoll hides the sadness that comes from an unhappy home life.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: In order to take down one villain, Taylor summons both Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys and Red-Eyes Black Dragon. Needless to say, their appearance put Boston on high alert, as some actually believed they might be new Endbringers.
- Toon Physics: Taylor occasionally displays this when she has Parrot Dragon as her Deckmaster.
- The Worf Effect: What happened to the Simurgh is a demonstration that the Endbringers are not invincible, especially against the Egyptian Gods.