As the story begins, Homura Akemi and Madoka Kaname find themselves separately transported into the Pokémon world, while Kyubey appears before a young beginning trainer in Nuvema Town, ready to make a contract with her. Homura encounters a gang of wild Pokémon that lead her into a cave, while Madoka escapes from Team Plasma and finds refuge in a seemingly abandoned house. As Homura, Madoka and Touko venture throughout the world, they face new friends, new foes, new challenges and a few familiar faces...
Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini will play a major role in the plot. The story takes place in an alternate timeline from the one the main Madoka series takes place in.
The story begins here.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- A Magical Girl and her X: Most members of the main Madoka cast will bond with a particular Pokémon early on in the story.
- Back from the Dead: Mami will find herself alive once again early on in the story.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Ghetsis and Kyubey, who came to a mutual agreement of some kind. Walpurgisnacht will also be a major focus of the plot, but will act more as an Artifact of Doom than a Big Bad.
- Bilingual Bonus: The title is German for "Black and White". This was inspired by the titles of said Pokémon games, as well as the frequent use of Gratuitous German in Madoka (and the trading card game Weiss Schwarz that features Madoka as one of its franchises).
- The names for the new witches that appear will be based on Pokémon characters' names in French and German, such as Aurorenote , the Witch of Breakfast.
- Cerebus Retcon: Reshiram and Zekrom will reveal some unsettling truths to Sayaka and Kyoko about their pasts.
- Cheerful Child: Victini has this personality.
- Friend to All Living Things: Homura becomes a variation of this trope in the first chapter; as soon as she lands in Kanto, Pokémon start flocking to her. Keep in mind that N was a straight example in the original set of games...
- Genki Girl: Bianca.
- Knight of Cerebus: The first non-witch foe that Homura faces will be one. This foe will be an Unexpected Character but, at the same time, feel right at home in this kind of fic. Also a major fan-favorite character that would make many readers happy.
- Lighter and Softer: The story begins this way after the prologue. Since this is Madoka, it could take a much darker turn at any given moment. Watch out for when the Cerebus Syndrome starts to kick in.
- Pokémon Speak: Pikachu, and Pikachu only. It uses the name "Pichuka" for Homura.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Pikachu, of course! Even Homura can't help but pick it up and cuddle it.
- Right-Hand Cat: Hydreigon acts as this to Ghetsis.
- Romanticism Versus Enlightenment: As one of the themes in the games, this will be explored further in the fanfic, especially with regards to Kyoko and Sayaka, who each awaken one of Unova's Legendary Dragons early on.
- Show Within a Show: When Madoka and Sayaka reunite, they will go to Pokéstar Studios to make a movie where they play magical girls. This will also be when things start to get ''really'' dark.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Team Plasma, of course. But Homura's rival will be one as well.