School Idol Days is a doujinshi mini-series created in 2015 by Kyozip, based on the popular Love Live! franchise. As the name implies, the basis of the doujin is a Fusion Fic that combines the characters of Love Live! with the general plot of School Days. The doujin is infamous among the Love Live! community for its excessive brutality and generally terrifying overtones.
A sequel titled School Idol Days S, based on Love Live!'s own Sequel Series Love Live! Sunshine!!, was later released. Similar to the original, S uses some plot elements from School Days, but also borrows aspects and themes from Higurashi: When They Cry. It is loosely based on the events of Episode 10 from the anime's first season, where Riko gives Chika a Love Confession.
Incidentally, a series of official soundtracks for the anime was released under the title Notes of School idol days, which is in no way connected to this series despite the similar title.
Compare and contrast to Tokimeki PokéLive! and TwinBee, another Darker and Edgier fanon Love Live! AU that can also be quite terrifying at times, albeit without any blood and gore, has more of a focus on the Nijigaku girls and which is also a crossover with Pokémon, Tokimeki Memorial and Twinbee.
School Idol Days has examples of:
- Adaptational Personality Change: Kotori, You, and Umi at one point all suffer from Yandere at some point, differing drastically from their canon personas of supportive, lively friends. Amusingly, both Honoka and Chika are played as straight as their canon counterparts, if not more dense than usual. The "Bloopers" justify this as all the characters are simply acting.
- Barefoot Suicide: Umi's shoes are seen right before she plunges off of Otonokizaka's rooftop.
- Bloodier and Gorier: Of course. Although somewhat ironically, most of the blood is offscreen when Kotori brutally murders Honoka. This changes when Umi slits Kotori's throat in Chapter 3, causing her to drown in her own blood, depicted in gruesome detail.
- The Cameo: The "Bloopers" chapter reveals that Mari is driving the truck that is supposed to hit You. Amusingly, this was before Mari was revealed to have her driver's license in Season 2.
- Cassandra Truth: Chapter 3 of S has Riko seeing visions of You's spirit haunting her. Chika thinks that the visions are the result of her dwindling sanity, but Riko's fears turn out to be true when You's spirit returns to Chika to be by her side.
- Corpsing: In the Bloopers, Umi breaks into laughter during a serious scene from Chapter 2. Honoka's response implies that she's done this several times in the exact same shot.
- Dark Fic: Possibly the most notorious one in the entire Love Live! fandom.
- Driven to Suicide:
- Chapter 3. After murdering Kotori, Umi throws herself from Otonokizaka's rooftop, clutching the bag containing Honoka's dismembered corpse.
- In S, You jumps off a balcony and is hit by a truck, killing her. Riko is later driven insane by a combination of guilt and You's spirit haunting her, and jumps off the rooftop of her apartment complex.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Umi throughout Chapter 3. You also has them at points in S.
- Everybody Lives: EX Chapter 2, where the trio manages to accomplish a Harem Ending.
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: Umi has a machete in Chapter 3. It's never explained how she got it, but it's heavily implied that she used it to hack up Honoka's corpse after she died.
- Go Out with a Smile: You dies with a Slasher Smile on her face, knowing that her death will drive Chika and Riko apart.
- Hilarious Outtakes: The "Bloopers" chapter reveals that the stories of both series are just the characters acting and not actually killing each other.
- Hope Spot: Chapter 3 initially looks like a possible good ending, with Honoka giving an emotional speech (possibly Internal Monologue) about how she has hurt the others and Kotori realising the error of her ways. Unfortunately, by then Honoka has lost too much blood to survive, and when Umi sees Kotori hunched over her corpse, she suffers a Sanity Slippage that leads to her dismembering Honoka and then killing Kotori before killing herself.
- Kill 'Em All: Chapter 3.
- Laughing Mad: Kotori after murdering Umi in EX.
- Love Confession: The one from Sunshine!! Season 1 Episode 10 is used as the basis for the plot of S. Except instead of being mildly discomforted, You goes full Yandere.
- Love Triangle:
- Multiple Endings: Different chapters depict different ending variations, each based on a specific ending from School Days. Chapter 2, Chapter 3, and both Chapters of EX are all varying takes with differing levels of bloodshed.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: In EX Chapter 1, Kotori kills Umi instead of Honoka by shoving her off the stairs in front of Otonokizaka.
- Not Good with Rejection:
- Honoka turns down Kotori's request to go out with her. Kotori kills Honoka in response.
- Although Riko's Love Confession is meant to be platonic, You certainly doesn't see it that way, and kills herself.
- Nothing Is the Same Anymore: You tries to invoke this by killing herself. Sure enough, Aquors disbands and Riko moves back to Tokyo due to her lingering guilt over You's suicide.
- Shear Menace: Kotori kills Honoka by stabbing her several times with a pair of scissors. In Chapter 3, Kotori attempts to defend herself with the same pair of bloodied scissors, but Umi grabs her arm before she can draw them.
- Staircase Tumble: Umi is pushed off of Otonokizaka's famous staircase by Kotori in EX. There are a lot of stairs, and her bleeding corpse is seen at the bottom as Kotori laughs maniacally.
- Take a Third Option: EX Chapter 2. Kotori and Umi settle their differences and agree to be Honoka's joint lovers.
- Together in Death: Umi proclaims this in Chapter 3 as she's committing suicide.
- Yandere: Kotori and You. Umi also gets a turn in Chapter 3.