Hikari never wanted to be a hero, but after getting a set of sapient alien powered armor fused to her back she soon finds herself the apprentice of billionaire Ted Kord, an enemy of the nation of Bialya, and the savior of lands from New Zealand to Raan. All that, and middle school drama too. As if being the straight woman wasn't bad enough.
Currently under construction. Please add tropes as you see them!
This story contains examples of the following:
- Action Survivor: Hikari definitely becomes an example of this trope early on after she ventures outside the shelter along with Toji and Kensuke in search of Toji's sister. As a result, she ends up getting too close for comfort to both the battle with the Angel and a fight between Supergirl and a super villain, then nearly having to travel through the city sewers to get to safety.
- Aliens are Bastards: Hikari would be forgiven for thinking this, considering the only aliens she's heard about or encountered so far are the Reach and Space Pirate Kanjar Ro.
- Body Horror: What else can you call it when you wake up to find that a big. mechanical insect has attached itself to your back?
- Clingy MacGuffin: The scarab, of course.
- Cool Old Guy: Ted Kord.
- Flying Firepower: Hikari's power set on this 'fic.
- Gratuitous German: In the Legacies series, Tokyo-3 is a very metropolitan place, with English and German commonly spoken along with Japanese. To help illustrate this, Hikari has an exchange in German with a student from Sakura's year.
- Legacy Character: Hikari, following the Ted Kord Blue Beetle.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: The first time she meets him, Hikari accidentally destroys Ted Kord's latest invention, which was not really described but potentially world changing. He takes it extremely well, though.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Well, junior high school student. Hikari is one of the few teenaged superwomen in the series to actually serve as an example of this trope, since most of the others were already mecha pilots, part Angel, child soldiers, child prodigies, or some combination thereof before ever getting super powers.
- The Mentor: Ted Tord. Also a Secret Keeper.
- Powered Armor: Specifically, the one of the Blue Beetle.
- Reed Richards Is Useless: Ted Kord tells Hikari that he stopped being a superhero because it seemed like the world needed scientists more after Second Impact. Yet despite being a comic book super inventor (who apparently had a shrink ray sitting in storage), his scientific exploits have had little or no effect on the world that the story has shown so far.
- Shared Universe: Part of the Legacies universe. The actions of other superwomen influence her actions, and her actions influence the ones of the other superwomen (to the point that various sequences are presented as The Rashomon).
- Space Pirates: Hikari finds herself otherwise occupied during the attack of the Fifth Angel when Kanjar Ro and company decide to loot and pillage New Zealand.