After losing her horn to the Pie Sisters, Twilight embarks on a quest to hunt them down, aided by Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and her loyal assistant Spike. Theyve been on the chase for more than a year, and their patience with each other is wearing out fast
You can find these Tropes in SCOOTS' trunk:
- And Now For Somepony Completely Different: Chapters often shift among the perspectives of its three protagonists mid-scene. This also includes a shift in tones, as well as writing the first sentence in their primary color.
- Blood Knight: Rainbow Dash appears to be shaping into one.
- Cool Car: The titular SCOOTS.
- Creator Backlash: Word of God states that he's losing his mojo. After canceling other Eyes Without a Face side-stories about the Mare-Do-Well battling a dragon in the sewers and a look into her mentor's life as a Royal Guard, Jub still decided to give this one a shot, though not without his own doubts.
- "Could Have Avoided This!" Plot: Applejack explains to Twilight that they COULD have gone to Celestia or Shining Armor about all this, but no...
- Dumb Muscle: Played with. Despite offering her words of common sense, Applejack is still treated as if she's an idiot.
- Hot Pursuit: How the story opens.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: The thug that Twilight stuffed in SCOOTS' trunk has this, and it counts as terrifying for Applejack. And maybe to some of the readers, too.
- Morality Pet: Twilight only ever shows her softer side to Spike.
- Noodle Implements: A dramatic use of the trope. Apparently, the car chase at the beginning began right after a fumbled bargain with crooks.
- Protagonist Journey to Villain: Further exploring Twilight's descent into depravity.
- Revenge Before Reason