There are more than just one kind of boat in the Graveyard. Beneath it, hidden from human eyes, an alien vessel has lain since before mankind even learned to bang rocks together. When one of those aboard awakens to a strange world, it encounters a certain Taylor Hebert on her second night out.
Crossover with Transformers: Generation 1, and a slight AU.
- Alternate Universe: Besides Optimus being around, Annette is alive, and Danny appears to be dead.
- Cool Starship: The Ark, bigger than Brockton Bay itself.
- Dead Fic: No updates since November, 2017, and the author has stated he's done with Worm.
- Dyson Sphere: Cybertron is one in this continuity, though incomplete.
- Good Morning, Crono: The story opens up with Optimus Prime awakening from its long slumber.
- Hollywood Hacking: Optimus does this, using eBay to order solar panels after giving himself bank accounts.
- Humanity Is Infectious: Minor example, but Optimus quickly starts picking up human colloquialisms.
- Rule of Cool: Optimus basically chose the English (or rather, Latin) translation of his name that sounded the coolest, as Taylor calls him out on.
- Technobabble: The story is chock-full of technological jargon from the first line.Stasis lock disengaged. Nanite level optimal. Chassis erosion negligible. Spark activity returning.
- Spanner in the Works: Optimus is in the right place to rescue Taylor from Lung.
- We Are as Mayflies: Optimus lampshades this briefly in chapter 6.