Credit to Veraciel
Reaper by Ridtom (SpaceBattles discussion thread) is a Worm Alternate Universe Fic running on the premise that Taylor triggers with the powers of Hei from Darker Than Black.
Needs a Better Description
This fanfic contains examples of the following:
- Action Girl: Played With; Sophia's personality is in direct contrast with her position. Taylor doesn't want to be this or a Dark Action Girl, she just wants a normal life with her Dad and Nurse.
- Adaptation Name Change: Browbeat, whose real name we never learn in canon, here has the real name Micheal (sic) Brannigan.
- Alternate Universe Fic:
- Apart from the different powerset, one key difference is that Danny was injured badly enough to be bedridden some time in the past.
- Chapter 4f really shows how much changed for Taylor:
- Taylor was in the car with Annette when they crashed, causing her trigger years earlier.
- Emma and Taylor's friendship ended under different circumstances, with Taylor's Emotionless Girl attitude ruining Emma's attempts to help her open up after Annette's death.
- Let's not forget that Taylor drove Danny into depression.
- Amazonian Beauty: Taylor is often described in this manner in-universe. She has significantly more muscle definition than her canon counterpart and retains her six foot height.
- Amazon Chaser: Brian is very obviously attracted by Taylor's fit physique and the fact that she can kick his ass.
- Armor-Piercing Question: Early on Tattletale asks Taylor if she really knows who she is.
- Badass Minds Think Alike: Taylor and Shadow Stalker do this in chapter 4c against the ABB.
- Blocking Stops All Damage: Averted in 4c; Taylor takes a few bullets to the armoured gut and notes how painful it is.
- Bullying a Dragon: Bitch tries to attack Taylor in chapter 3b. She quickly learns why this is a bad idea.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Taylor does this against Bitch in chapter 3b.
- Dark Action Girl: Taylor and Shadow Stalker fit this to a 'T'; Played With: Taylor doesn't want to be one, but circumstances leave this as her only option (In her mind).
- Emotionless Girl: Taylor's powers include dampened emotions (not unlike a Darker Than Black Contractor). She just as often fakes emotion as experience them in the present day. When she first triggered, she was out and out this trope.
- Girls with Guns: Taylor has no problem forgoing her powers in favor of letting off a few rounds when it suits her. Bakuda takes it Up to Eleven with her Tinker tech Grenade Launcher.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: In chapter 4c Aegis uses one ABB member to bludgeon another.
- He is Not My Boyfriend: Everyone thinks that Taylor and Grue are in a relationship, and Taylor keeps having to deny it.
- Lightning Bruiser: For a street level character, Reaper is quite strong and tough, extremely fast and agile, and capable of electrocuting people to boot.
- Little Miss Badass: Vista is right there alongside her teammates when Bakuda's army attacks.
- Mythology Gag:
- Starting from chapter 1c Taylor has been having nightmares from Hei's point of view.
- Poor Regent just cannot have a clean couch
- Grue seems to be crushing on Taylor a little - she's oblivious.
- Neck Lift: Taylor does this to Bakuda in chapter 4c.
- Off the Rails: The bank job gets interrupted by Bakuda attacking.
- Punch-Clock Hero: Taylor doesn't want to be a hero out of the goodness of her heart. Instead, she's doing it so she can get money for Danny's treatment.
- Rage Breaking Point: In chapter 4e Taylor tries to reason with the one speaking to her, but blows up when the other brings up her mother.
- Samus Is a Girl: Reaper inspires this reaction several times in-universe due to her armoured costume and cloak covering most of her body.
- Shock and Awe: This is Taylor's main power.
- In Interlude 2 a mook who encounters Taylor sneaking around wisely declares that he's just hallucinating "seeing Mimes" and gets out of the way.
- Interlude 5 has a merc named Karin "The Wind".
- Wham Episode: Chapter 4e, where Taylor's being a villain is discovered by Sierra, and Taylor breaks down.