Rescue to the Rescue is a Marvel Cinematic Universe fanfic written by CrzyFun.
Peter puts E.D.I.T.H. to work on the Elemental's case and something doesn't seem to be adding up. It is then that she recognizes Quentin Beck, who may not be who he says he is.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Adaptation Relationship Overhaul: While Peter and Tony had a hit-or-miss relationship, it is never stated what kind of a relationship he may have had with Pepper, if one at all. Here she has a fondness for Peter, with Peter having a big brother/little sister relationship with Morgan.
- Adaptational Intelligence: In Spider-Man: Far From Home, E.D.I.T.H. is portrayed as a far less sophisticated A.I. than the likes of J.A.R.V.I.S., F.R.I.D.A.Y. or Karen. Here, she actually acknowledges the uncanny resemblance the supposed Hero of Another Story Mysterio to the disgraced former Stark employee Quentin Beck.
- Adaptational Name Change: Quentin Beck's real name in this fic is given as Ludwig Rinehart.
- Adaptational Superpower Change: While in the comics the Chameleon used make-up, masks, method-acting and holographic tech by Spencer Smyth to disguise himself (later changed into a shapeshifting by way of a mutagenic serum), here Dimitri uses the same holographic technology that Mysterio uses to disguise himself.
- Ascended Extra: In Spider-Man: Far From Home, Dimitri was Demoted to Extra as one of Fury's agents. Here he's a freelance Double Reverse Quadruple Agent who infiltrated both S.H.I.E.L.D. and Mysterio's group just to gather intel on Spider-Man.
- The Cameo: Jessica Drew and Agent Arachne (both of whom shared the mantle of Spider-Woman in the comics) make an appearance, the former an agent that helped Tony in writing a modified version of the Accords and the later being one of Fury's agents.
- Cassandra Truth: Apparently no one was buying that Peter actually had an internship with Stark Industries until Morgan Stark and Pepper Potts show up to greet him. When this is proven correct, half of them start to think that Peter was Tony's biological son despite Pepper and Peter's insistence to the contrary.
- For Want of a Nail: All it takes is E.D.I.T.H. telling Peter that her sensors found strange and sudden energy at the attack sights for Peter to unwittingly discover Mysterio's con, avert the attack in Prague, out Mysterio and his team before they could trick Peter into giving them E.D.I.T.H. and virtually everything else that happens in the movie.
- From the Mouths of Babes: Morgan ends up telling everyone in Peter's class that he is her actual brother, leading everyone to think that Peter might be Tony's actual son.
- Gone Horribly Right: Peter taught Morgan how to be stealthy for hide-and-seek. What does she do with it? She sneaks aboard her mom's private jet all the way to Prague just to see him.
- In Spite of a Nail: Peter's confession to MJ that he's Spider-Man still ends up happening. It's just a little earlier than usual.
- Like Brother and Sister: Apparently Tony has told Morgan about Peter during the blip and Pepper has called in Peter as a recurring babysitter for Morgan after the events of Avengers: Endgame. By the time Peter calls Pepper about his suspicions with Beck, they have become so close that Morgan sneaks onto her mom's private jet to Prague just to see him and accidentally convinces his entire class that they are actual siblings.
- Related in the Adaptation: It is implied that Dimitri (known as the Chameleon in the comics) in this version of Kraven the Hunter's brother, having infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D. and worked as a Double Reverse Quadruple Agent in Mysterio's group just to gather intel on Spider-Man just to see if he "might be worth a hunt after all".
- What If?: What if E.D.I.T.H. recognized Beck and told Peter before he gave her to him in Spider-Man: Far From Home?
- Would Hurt a Child: Not only is Beck willing to kill both Peter and Morgan when he is found out, but he takes the time to mentally torture the both of them with a holographic image of Tony telling them how they are a mockery of his legacy.