The brother fic to UknownHero's React Watch Believe Yikes, staring the cast of Red vs. Blue from different time frames of the series. Red vs. Blue: Reaction is something of a Time Travel fic that involves suspicious a purple crystal that summons the Blood Gulch Crew at the start of Season 11, Donut and Doc when they appear in that season, Washington by the season finale, post-Season 5 Church and Texas, and post-Project Freelancer Carolina, into a research facility... 250 years into the future. They have nothing else to do except wait another week for the crystal to recharge so they can find a way back into their own time. What can they do to pass the time. Why watch DVD collections of RWBY of course! Just like in the original fic, group makes comments and some jokes as they watch the volumes. Given who we are talking about, prepare for trash talks and double entendres galore.
On October 25, 2016, UknownHero removed the fic from Fanfiction Dot Net due to several complaints of copyright violations. The author recently contacted Rooster Teeth who gave the fic approval. The fic was eventually added to Archive of Our Own. Due to not being updated since October of 2017 and it's brother fic being all but declared a Dead Fic, this fic is likewise presumed dead.
Red vs. Blue: Reaction contains examples of:
- Call-Back: After Ruby reveals her Crescent Rose, Sarge asks if it was a "scy-ifle".
- Cue the Flying Pigs: Everyone's reaction to Tex complementing Ruby.
- Dumb Muscle: Caboose as always, demonstrated when he smashes through several walls, much to Carolina's shock.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: An Anachronism Stew at that, as the characters are from all over the chronology of Red vs Blue
- Genre Savvy: Grif quickly realizes how it's going to go when one of Torchwick's men tries to rob Ruby, having been on the wrong end of numerous ass-kickings himself.
- Groin Attack: Both Tex and Carolina do this to Tucker whenever he says something dirty.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Tucker's constant perverted comments have Simmons theorizing he's trying to do this.
- Hope Spot: At a certain point, the crystals are charged and everyone goes back in time. A few seconds later they're brought back by Salem - albeit this time, their versions circa Season 12 (Church is replaced by Epsilon, and Carolina mentions they were just involved with the Chorus Civil War).
- Improbable Age: Everyone realizes that 15 year old Ruby can handle a gun better than Church... and immediately make fun of him for it.
- Then again, we've seen in canon Red Vs Blue that Lopez's severed head has better weapons skills than Church, so seeing a fifteen-year-old girl shoot better than him... really not all that surprising.
- MST: Put a World of Snark watching another series, and you're up for this.
- Only Sane Man: Carolina seems to be burdened with this role, as Tex and Wash are practically just as nuts as the Blood Gulch Crew.
- Power Crystal: The purple crystal that transported the unlucky cast through time in the first place. It's implied to be Dust.
- Suicide as Comedy: When they find a skeleton with a bullet wound in his head, only Wash realizes it's Director Leonard Church. Carolina finds the gun's magazine to be completely empty, causing Wash to realize the Director was just as bad a shot as the Alpha, meaning he emptied his entire clip just trying to kill himself. Wash can only sweatdrop as Carolina lampshades that he was a horrible shot.
- You Do Not Want To Know: Given there are people from all over the timeline, information from someone's future can end up being revealed, and the characters are forced to cover up quickly (particularly how the Freelancers end up).
- You Got Spunk: Tex admits this about Ruby, much to the shock of everyone around her.
- You Look Familiar: Vocal examples, whenever a character has a shared voice actor they will point out the weirdness. Three of them are in that very room (Ozpin = Washington, Tex = Glynda), one causing extra discomfort given the appearance is the same too (Carolina = Pyrrha). Averted once the crew return after a Time Skip, and the crew doesn't notice Jaune = Felix, and 3\4 of Team RWBY kinda sound like women from Chorus.note