The fic opens after the events of the anime; with things having calmed down, Ogami finally finds the nerve to ask Sakura out. Unfortunately, a freak accident finishes what Satan Aoi started and releases the powerful Wakiji Tenkai from his imprisonment, and another war begins...
This fic contains examples of the following tropes (Beware of unmarked spoilers):
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: In chapter 3, Tenkai near-fatally impales Ogami with his nails.
- Cannot Talk to Women: In the opening chapter, Ogami has physical difficulty asking Sakura out on a date, even after he apparently spent hours rehearsing for it.
- Combat Clairvoyance: In chapter 9, Tenkai reveals that he is telepathic, and thus will be able to read Sakura's mind and counter her every move. Thus, Sakura is forced to resort to fighting on instinct.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Tenkai's first battle with all of the members of the Hanagumi ends with him No Selling all of their attacks and beating them all unconscious.
- Demonic Possession: Ogami gets possessed by Tenkai.
- Fair-Play Villain: In chapter 6, despite having an army of Wakiji at his disposal, Tenkai elects to fight the Hanagumi himself because he wants them to have a fair chance at stopping them, however small it may be.
- Heroic Resolve: In chapter 9, even when it's clear that Sakura is completely outmatched by Tenkai and is being brutalized, she refuses to give up.
- It's All My Fault: Sakura blames herself for Tenkai's attack on Ogami and his subsequent possession by the demon because she was the one who talked him into going to Ueno Park, where they were attacked.
- Not So Stoic: Even Maria is moved to tears after Ogami is hospitalized.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: In chapter 8, Sakura finally gets sick of Sumire's bitchiness and gives her one of these:"I have had it up to here with you! I have been constantly under your heel for the past year, and I think I can sincerely say that I have had enough of your venomous tongue! You may be richer than me, you may be more popular than me, you may be more beautiful than me, but I'm glad that I don't have your damned pride! You always look down on others, failing to see who YOU really are! Why don't you take a look in the mirror and see how a snake really resembles you?!"
- Wave Motion Gun: Tenkai completely decimates Sakura's Kobu with one.
- Won't Take "Yes" for an Answer: When Sakura agrees to go out with Ogami in the first chapter, she has to repeat herself twice before he realizes she said yes.