Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown is a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon fanfiction created by Knightfall.
It tries to somehow explain the mishaps and acts of cruel fate that befall Leo, a human who has been transformed into a Pokemon. Differing from how most PMD stories begin, the prologue of Overthrown starts out by showing a glimpse of the human world shortly before Leo is transformed.The story truly initiates when Leo wakes up in a field with absolutely no memory of his past life except the fact that he is human and a name. After finding a small crystal key in the dirt and driving himself into exhaustion, he breaks out of the field mystery dungeon. The second he does, he is arrested for trespassing, interrogated, and is forced onto Team Salient —a rescue team within a sea of other teams— along with Jay the Riolu, Kelly the Jolteon and eventually, Noah the Dewott.
This fic uses third person limited to see the story from one character's point of view at a time (usually Leo, but at times other characters take the spotlight).
This fic contains examples of:
- Amnesiac Hero: Leo, though the "hero" part doesn't suit him yet.
- Dirty Cop: The Magnemite employed by the Kingdom are perfect examples of this: they take pleasure in tormenting the citizens they are supposed to protect.
- The Chessmaster: The Mismagius, also see Manipulative Bastard.
- Hero Killer: Darney/Montag
- Hive Drone: The Porygon sentinels seen in various chapters.
- Punch-Clock Villain: The Mismagius.
- The Needs of the Many: The Mismagius constantly says this is the reasoning behind his actions.
- Right Man in the Wrong Place: Leo, seemingly everywhere he goes.
- Sharing a Body: Nexus and Wire, two Metang who collided to create a single Metagross and now contest for control.
- The Sociopath: Nexus as she becomes obsessed at killing Leo and company and nearly kills him in Chapter Five
- Surrounded by Idiots: What General Torrent the Feraligtr thinks of those under his command. And, to a lesser extent, Kelly with Leo, Jay, and Noah.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: