Started July 2008, Pokedex One-Shots is a fanfiction project by Ysavvryl to write about every single Pokémon in one short story anthology. The stories, which range from drabbles to 10 pagers, start with the flavor text of the games Pokedex entries and build from there. Everything else about the stories, from genre to style, will change greatly from story to story. At 200+ entries and 400+ Pokémon, there is a lot to choose from.
The anthology provides examples of:
- Prompt Fic: With the Pokedex entries acting as the prompts. Also, most of the prompts are done by requests from reviewers.
- Something Completely Different: Technically every story is different, but some more than others
- Space Whale Aesop: This pops up occasionally, like Cheating on your girlfriend will cause an enraged pseudo-dragon to demolish your house.
Individual stories provide examples of:
- Disproportionate Retribution: Mewtwo decides to ruin a fair because the noise and lights are keeping him from going to sleep. Never mind if people die because of this.
- Fun with Acronyms: A Persian named Lord Fausto Augusto Terzetto Sagittarius Ontario the Third, provided you leave off the third, leaving "FATSO".