Paths of Light and Dark is an Alternate Universe fanfiction title by Marsa The Redeemed about a hidden continent in the world of Remnant and the organization that wishes to control everything. The characters are all OCs and there is little to no link to the canon except for the mentioning of kingdoms and places.
Paths of Light and Dark provides examples of:
- Emotion Suppression: Shown by one of the strongest characters. Crimson Carmine tries to remain as emotionless as possible as he trains constantly to be the best.
- Light Is Not Good: Sable is part of the Lucidiores Umbras which seeks to rule the kingdom and believes that what she is doing is morally correct because she doesn't murder innocent people or break many fundamental laws of the government.
- Love Triangle: Layla, Malyganya, and Orpheus form one of these.
- Mix-and-Match Weapon: Almost all the characters use one.
- Morph Weapon: A few characters use one of these.
- Old Master: One of the instructors, Prof T is revealed to be one after being attacked by Crimson Carmine, a student. He easily defeats the child before mocking the inexperienced youth.
- Passing the Torch: The instructor Prof T starts a process that will transfer his soul and powers to Crimson Carmine after he begins to train the student.
- Reluctant Ruler: Orpheus, the leader of one of the teams is this because he's never been in a position of command. He doesn't look to lead and his insecurities show.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Multiple characters show this trait to different extremes. Examples being Layla who is sweet and nice as long as Malyganya, her Love Interest is around. Malyganya shows this trait but it is more balanced than Layla.